iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT 70 auto clutch prob

Started by woodmills1, October 27, 2014, 07:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

My auto clutch has worked flawlessly all these years, and yesterday it tripped the circuit breaker.  I took off the cover, didn't look too close, cleaned out the sawdust and reset the breaker and it worked for the rest of the day.  At the end of the day I put the cover back on and this morning it tripped the breaker again.  I take the cover back off and look close.  An electric motor with small pully and a gear box with a large pully.  Nice design, have a rotation of gear box in to tension drive belt the out to release.  OOPs the gear box pulley has walked out enough to rub the cover and trip the breaker.  Nice easy small fix, allen wrench and a hammer tap.

Did I ever say WOODMIZER is well designed??????? :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

The best fixes are the easy ones.  smiley_thumbsup Sounds like you drew the lucky number today.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

yes that fix was easy, but now I find I have once again broken the main cylinder pin location on the blue ox.  Thanks that one of my best customers is Lawton welding, they will be here wed morning to grind and weld.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

I think that "stuff" happening is what makes the world go around.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 27, 2014, 08:33:42 PM
I think that "stuff" happening is what makes the world go around.   ::)

Well your world should be spinning off its axis with those leaky batteries  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodmills1

leaky batteries I musta missed some thing?

Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!