iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Affordable Timber Frame Plan??

Started by wkheathjr, September 23, 2010, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkheathjr

Hello,

It dawned on me that I apparently may have a new tribe in 9 months and it was not planned.  I had a plan to hire an architecture firm to design a house for me that would include the plan of foundation, SIPS, electric, plumbing, and the whole other small details.  Well, unfortunately it seems that God has threw a monkey wrench into my gear so I feel I will have to go with simple TF plan and I was wondering if anyone out there might have an affordable TF plan I can use so I can get start on building??

Or I am willing to work with someone who can help design a simple plan for me but I am willing to do around $30-40 an hour and the structure should at least meet the engineering standard.  I would imagine that we will have to do the foundation and structure and maybe the SIPS design then I can work with my 2 friends on electric and HVAC design.  We use Air Condition plenty down here so would have to hide vent very well.  Of course, I would hire an engineer firm to get it stamped for State of North Carolina.  Our dead load is not as heavy as up north but we do have high wind load requirement so foundation would have to be capable of holding the house down.  

If anyone can offer some idea, I'd greatly appreciate it!!  I am looking for at least 1,500sqft to 2,000 sqft with 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom.  Prefer with a sizeable of great room as we host big family gathering for Thanksgiving and Easter.

Thanks in advance for answering!

Jim_Rogers

Have you discussed this idea with your friends at Goshen?

I thought they sold house plans as well as whole house frames.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

wkheathjr

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on September 23, 2010, 06:56:18 PM
Have you discussed this idea with your friends at Goshen?

I thought they sold house plans as well as whole house frames.....

Jim Rogers

They were pretty difficult to reach  :-\  I have sent them several emails but did not hear back from them.  I even wrote a letter and mailed it but no respond.  I am not sure what happened.  I was interested in their 'Filmore' plan but I did not hear from them.

Edit:  I should add that I did all this before the news about the baby.

beenthere

Quote from: wkheathjr on September 23, 2010, 06:47:51 PM
Hello,

It dawned on me that I apparently may have a new tribe in 9 months and it was not planned.  ...........

Not going to try to figure that out....how did you get the wake up call?
;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wkheathjr

Quote from: beenthere on September 23, 2010, 07:30:08 PM
Quote from: wkheathjr on September 23, 2010, 06:47:51 PM
Hello,

It dawned on me that I apparently may have a new tribe in 9 months and it was not planned.  ...........

Not going to try to figure that out....how did you get the wake up call?
;D

TODAY!!!! LOL!  She found out yesterday at the dr and I didnt see her until today and she broke the news.. 

beenthere

Okay. So you might have a new member in 8 months....not 9  ??? ???
That is what I was confused a bit about. Doesn't take much for me.
Glad I don't have a surprise like that, but you will enjoy the addition for sure.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!