iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

eBay and my addiction.

Started by Riggs, August 14, 2012, 05:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

OK, I'll admit it, I am addicted to eBay. I love prowling, looking at things I can't afford. I also love to buy/sell pocketknives on eBay. I love a good knife and usually buy either Case XX, Schrade or Gerber (the ones made in the USA). I'll get one, keep it a few days, clean it up if it needs it, then turn right around and sell it. I've probably went through a hundred or so. Made a little extra cash, got to look at a bunch of nice knives, even kept a few. I also enjoy looking at antique tools, antique fishing lures/tackle and the like I guess it's therapy...Anyhow, am I the only one?
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Riggs, Have you thought about putting some of your knives up for auction on the F.F. auction block?

I know a guys that works with me in the Forest Service and he carries 5 pocket knives with him at all times. I love knives and another member on here "SHOTGUN" collects them too.

Post some pics of some of your oldies and favorites.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

easymoney

i guess you can say i am addicted to ebay. my interests change from time to time. i have gone from woodworking to sawmills to ham radio to hotrods now motorcycles. if there is anything i want i check ebay first. my rating is well into the hundreds split between buying and selling.

WildDog

Hi Riggs, I used to have the same ailment, I still look for knives from time to time and have a passion for the original "Old Timers" etc. If you are looking to sell any of the large 3 blade pocket knives give me a call. 
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

terry f

Coins are my addiction, my motto is buy high, sell, oh never sell. The kids can sell when I'm gone.

Lud

I carry two knives.  The Buck stainless flicks open with one hand and takes on the tough jobs.  Getting sort of ground down after years of use.  The Schrade Old Timer had the muskrat skinner etched on the blade tho that's disappeared over the years of sharpening.  That's the real sharp, personal surgery capable, use it on the exacting jobs knife.

I've always said there's three kinds of people.  Those that don't carry knives.  Those that carry knives. And those that carry SHARP knives.  Which are you? 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Shotgun

Quote from: Lud on August 16, 2012, 07:07:57 AM
I carry two knives.  The Buck stainless flicks open with one hand and takes on the tough jobs.  Getting sort of ground down after years of use.... 

Lud, with your Buck Knife getting a little "life worn", you might want to look at one of my earlier posts, found here:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,54332.msg783416.html#msg783416

You can carry a substitute for 5 weeks and have yours fully reconditioned under the Buck Lifetime Warranty.

You'll never catch me without a "sharp" knife in my pocket.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Norm

Mine is craigslist. Never buy much on it but some of the adds are just hilarious to read.

Riggs

Quote from: Norm on August 18, 2012, 07:26:59 AM
Mine is craigslist. Never buy much on it but some of the adds are just hilarious to read.
Yep, the "best of" section is unbelievable sometimes.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

thecfarm

There's worst things to be addicted too. As my Mother use to say,Better than collecting beer cans.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!