iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tooth

Started by Magicman, September 04, 2019, 06:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Had a rear molar that has been dying for the past few weeks.  Well, it was already dead because a root canal had been done on it a few years ago.  My Dentist had told me that I would know when it was "time".  :-X  For the past week I have not been able to chew anything on that side so yesterday I made a call and the appointment was made.

I made 76 years with all of my teeth with the exception of my wisdom teeth, but as of this morning I am one short.   :o  No more sawing for me for the rest of the week.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

A jello diet with some instant pudding.  And Grits!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dan_Shade

Sorry to hear about your tooth. 

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Ed_K

Had one pulled 3 mo ago just now getting to where I can chew on that side again.I Pray that you don't get a dry socket. They are hard to deal with.
Ed K

Magicman

He filled the canal with some sort of dissolving packing and gave me some strict instructions. 

I realize that plenty of folks have endured this and much worse and I am fortunate to have retained all of my choppers until now.  I slept fairly well last night and am thankful to have the rest of the week off because the forecast is the high 90's to 100's.  :o

A bowl of oatmeal was my breakfast.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Sorry to hear you lost the  grinder.  Hope the recovery is fast and not (too) painful!

barbender

76 years with all of them is a good run, Magic! I had to have a molar pulled about 10 years ago. It had a previous root canal,  and I got a hairline fracture when I fell through my floor while installing the subflooring while building our house. Landed and chomped too hard, apparently😁
Too many irons in the fire

breederman

Hope it feels better soon. I lost my dentist in the divorce about five years ago, need to find another soon.  
Together we got this !

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

We have lots of neighbors here who have had all their teeth more than 76 years - in a jar. :D

Sorry to hear it. I had a premolar pulled about 3 months ago and will go back in a few months and see about getting an implant. I have 3 already and they are great - just like your regular teeth once you go through the steps and expense and get them installed. You need to wait several months to let the bone fill back in then they drill in a post, wait a few months for the bone to grow around it then they put a cap on and you never know it wasn't there the whole time.

I remember they said no chips or nuts for a week or so till the socket healed over. Mine healed over real quick. Hope you have a quick and tolerable recovery.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Hope you recover quickly Lynn
So far I have all my choppers and credit my dentist who is an absolute twit but a stellar practitioner.
Have had a least 3 root canals so far (cant remember) and so far so good.
Too many crowns to relate here.
My oldest was done in 1959 and cost 75 bucks, still there.
Not the same guy obviously
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

PatD has an implant that is well worth the expense.

I had 14 crowns, some gold, some another metal, and the last ones porcelain or something.  This one had a gold crown so now I have a tooth shaped nugget with a root canal hole drilled through it.

Since this one is in the very back, I'll wait and see how the eating goes when I can chew on that side again.  I think that it is doing OK today, certainly not as miserable.

Thank You Sponsors!