iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Husky 365

Started by Allagash372XP, October 22, 2019, 06:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allagash372XP

Bought my first new saw in a long time. Looking forward to running her through some logs! I have run 87 through all my old saws, should I used 89 or 91 for my new girl?

NORTH

Ive got one of those. Love it!
Husqvarna 346xp, 350, 365, 372XP
Stihl 009L

Pine Ridge

Those are good saws. I run 91 octane ethanol free gas in all my saws and small engines and it works good for me.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

sawguy21

New tools are so much fun! I would strongly suggest running 91 in it, least amount of ethanol and best protection against knock.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Allar

98 ethanol free in every single 2/4 stroke that i have.
Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

lxskllr

I think I use 89 alcohol free. The station calls it midgrade, but I didn't particularly notice the number. It's the only corn free option. My priority would be no alcohol of any grade over high grade corn gas. It's easier to buy octane boosting additives than it is to remove alcohol(which then requires octane boosting additives).

zimraphail

Our local Caseys has 92 octane ethanol free! Its about .50 cents a gallon more but I use it in all my small power equipment! I also run it in my 1962 willys jeep!

barbender

I run corn free gas in all of my small engines, too. I think the local station's is 91 octane. I'm more concerned about corn free than octane.
Too many irons in the fire

Bandmill Bandit

I been using #2 Av Gas in all my small engines for a few years now since I have access to it. It works very well. Its about 20 to 25% more money but it is worth it. Not positive but I think its 102 octane. I'll have to check.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

bluthum

For my 2 cycles I run what ever octane the factory suggests. I can get regular ethanol free to which I add [if necessary ] an octane booster supplement. Works out to about the same cost as buying ethanol free in the better grades even where that's possible. Just my 2 cents...

Southside

Well, guess I may as well cut against the grain here  :D.  I run regular old 87 and mix it with outboard injection oil at 32:1 ish, maybe a bit more like 40:1 at times, that's in 372's , and the weed eater.  For the edger, Lt35, pressure washer, and log splitter it's just the 87 octane.  If something is going to sit for a while - say the log splitter come spring, then I drain the carb and bowl, squirt in a little fogging oil and call it good.  I don't worry about the ethanol since my gas does not sit long, if it did then I would address that issue.  I have never siezed a saw, nor do I have performance issues with any of the engines running 87.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chet

I'm with Southside on this one, minus da outboard mix.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ChrisRoss

I use #2 Av Gas and till now no problem with my engines. It may be a bit hard to get access to it. 

Thank You Sponsors!