mike_belben

Praise The Lord

OntarioAl

Looks like a Brigadier to me
I had one 6V92 powered
Al
Al Raman

Matt601

Still sitting down on the job ! I even got them a burger this morning.

No matter where you go there you are!!!

Matt601

It's a Brigadier with a 6V92 in it

mike_belben

Got more pics of the log hog?  I just noticed the dual grapples.  Whats on front?
Praise The Lord

Matt601

It's got a push blade. Fuel hose busted on it. We been running it hard this last week.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Matt601

They was made in the 80's mine is a 4410 Ford. I been wanting a winch for it. It's a good little tractor I need to put it in the shop and put new bushing in the front end and there a few oil leaks fix. Could use some chains on the tires too!

Matt601

2 loads of pulpwood and part of a load of saw logs today did I ever say I hate pulpwood!!! But I got to cut it to get to some nice logs!

KyLogger

Nice set up! That tandem is awesome!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

lopet

What's that loader ? Serco or Hood with foot swing ?
Congrats 8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

mike_belben

Matt if you have the means, a reciever mounted 8000 to 12000 pound chinese truck winch ontop that front blade will bring pine logs in to you sufficiently well and the blade will keep you parked.  

Pull one in, unhook at the blade and reel another.  Then spin around and grapple em.  I dont recommend a truck winch on back.  Youd find yourself skidding with the cable and they just arent meant to take that type of yanking.  There is no brake to hold the drum, so it would be shuddering against the planetary stack.

You could have that setup working for under $500.  I use old arc welding leads for power cable.
Praise The Lord

Matt601

I think it's a Hood I got the truck and loader for $5,000. Yesterday loaded one of my other truck with it and it self total 35 tons of pulpwood.

Matt601

Mike I been looking for a hydraulic winch. Guy had a 21,000 lbs army winch that would fit between the tongs but sold it before I got home. I'm thinking about selling it anyway. Because I want a small skidder. I put a down payment on a 440 but the guy sold it and gave me my money back. I think I'm going to wait till winter and buy me one. Seem like there a lot more for sale then .

Skeans1

How big of a skidder is too large? Would grapple be the ok?

Matt601

One that's under 8.5 feet wide and under 18,000 lbs. I don't want to mess with permit to move it.

Skeans1

Isn't a JD 440A larger then that?

KyLogger

No way. My 440B was maybe 13,000# and right and fit on out 10 ton trailer without any overhang. It had 18.4-26 tires, and they were loaded, so that added some more weight.
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

Skeans1

Sorry was thinking of our long frame 440c grapple weight.

Matt601

Book said a 440C is 14,500 lbs and 7.8 feet wide. With 18.5 rubber.

Skeans1

We did a long frame swap with grapples off a 548 made the machine a 100 times better to run especially with fluid in the tires.

Maine logger88

18000 pounds is 540b size mine with wide tires is 9" wide tho
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Matt601

Quote from: Maine logger88 on May 01, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
18000 pounds is 540b size mine with wide tires is 9" wide tho

That's the biggest thing is the wide. We supposed to be able to move over size farm equipment with out permit but DOT will give you a ticket then you spend all day in court to get it kicked out. I wish they would make one of those guys pay me for my time when I'm with in the law but they still wright a ticket.

Thank You Sponsors!