Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

woodhaven

I was in such a hurry to start sawing I forget to start the blower. I didn't even notice until until I felt something funny in the carriage. Those teeth were packed so tight with dust they wouldn't turn. I was pushing the stick like hell and it would bearly move.
Lesson for today! Always start blower first.
Richard

Jeff

They occasionally forget to turn the gutter cleaner on underneath my saw. It takes about 20 minutes and the saw will start throwing a rooster tail of dust. We make a lot of dust in 20 minutes, probably close to a level pick-up load. Generally have to stop and poke it with a big stick to get it to clear.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

smwwoody

Jeff

I also find that most problems can be solved by pokeing them with a big stick :D

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

woodhaven

In my case there is no one to poke but myself. Guess I will have to make myself a poking stick and hang it in front of me to jog my brain. Right now I just blow my dust in the woods. What do you guys do with your dust? My neighbor does come get some to spread in his garden.

Jeff,
Like you were saying  these big blades can make a whale of a lot of sawdust. And Quickley!!!!!
Richard

smwwoody

I sell mine to a land fill.  they use it to put down under thier liners to keep the rocks from pokeing through.  I dont get paid much but the supply me with a 40 yard dumpster and do the trucking.  my last check was $4.83 for a full dumpster.  But is is a disposial problem thad doesnt cost me any thing so I feel it is a real good deal.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Jeff

We have a landfill down the road too. We get a dumpster for our trash and junk and they get sawdust when and as they need it. Maybe I should re-shingle the house before I quit eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!