iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

350 husky chain saw

Started by hunterjo, May 25, 2017, 09:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunterjo

my 350 is running very lean. have adjusted carb doubled my oil still shows spark plug running lean and hot. I took carb cleaner and sprayed around engine it would die out when I sprayed around front of motor.no problem if sprayed around carb boot or both of crank case seals. what is up front that would let it suck air up there .
hunterjo

dougand3

Welcome.
Could be a cylinder to engine pan/crank cover gasket leak or engine pan/crank cover to chassis gasket leak.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

hunterjo

think it worth tearing apart or do total  rebuild or trade it in for a new 450?

dougand3

It's a great homeowner firewood saw. I'd tear apart and rebuild. I'd put a new topend on it if any scoring. At least a new ring.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

hunterjo

thanks for getting back to me so quick. I will have to decide witch way to go. yes all I do with it is cut fire wood to heat my home. one last question what is ball park amount for total rebuild and where is good place to by husky parts. I only want oem parts.
thanks again hunterjo

Fishnuts2

Pull the motor down and replace the intake clamp with the new style metal intake clamp and a new base gasket.  Also, reseal the crankcase riser to the chassis and around the crank seals.  Add a few dollars for a new set of rings, and you should be good to go.  Less than $50 and a couple of hours and you'll have a like new saw.

hunterjo

sounds like a good idea and a way to go. I will try to tear it down this weekend.
hunterjo

Papa Jim

While you're at it you might want to consider cutting off the needle valve restrictors. I couldn't get my 350 running right so I cut off the restrictors and wire brushed the needle valves. Now it is much easier to adjust the mixture. Papa Jim

Thank You Sponsors!