iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It's turned colder, the sky is overcast and hanging heavy with water. Darkening clouds accumulate as the morning grows older and it's raining a slow steady drizzle.  It's the kind of weather that brings to mind the description,"Setting in".   \

If I could get to town, I'd go visiting.  :)

beenthere

Tom
You should could be here. The air is crisp and clear, and -1° F.  Very refreshing.
Humidity 68% and dew point -9  F and windchill  -18 F

Going to get up to +2° for a high.   ;D ;D    8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

I don't have enough Blankets   mattresses to get under to make it up there.  :D

Warbird

It was -6°F this morning.  They are now calling for highs of 20° to 30°F this Thursday!   :o :o 8) 8)

semologger

Seems like a long time from today and thursday Warbird.

Warbird

It is supposed to be continually warming between now and then.  Lemme tell you, -6°F feel lots better than -47°F!  Supposed to have a high of 6°F today, and 14°F tomorrow.

Norm

Well it was -16°F here this morning. If I could only find the guy in Alaska that sent this cold our way...... ;D

Bill Johnson

-8F here right now but with the wind it feels like -33F and its supposed to get cooler tonite.
Bill

SwampDonkey

+5 F here this am, it's now +25 F and a southerly breeze.  Where's my drink?  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

Quote from: Norm on January 13, 2009, 12:32:20 PM
Well it was -16°F here this morning. If I could only find the guy in Alaska that sent this cold our way...... ;D

*cough*  Nothin' to see here.  Move along.  Move along.  *cough*  ;D

SwampDonkey

That kind of cold dry air will take the wind out of any normal man. A deep intake of that cold air makes me cough. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

We are at 2°F right now.  We do not get as cold as those to the west of the Great Lakes.  Until the lakes freeze over they moderate our lows. ;D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Tom

You must have it figured out pretty good.  It grows some mighty fine squash.  ;D

farmerdoug

-9°F here right now.  ::)

The deer just happen to agree with you, Tom. :D :D :D :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

SwampDonkey

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Dropping like a stone here Jeff, it's now 18 , windy ::)

Bill Johnson

-28F here this morning -44F with the windchill, had to plug the car in for the first time last night >:(
Forecast is calling for a couple of more days of the same.
Bill

beenthere

Where are you Jeff?

Sayin -2 in Harrison and calm.  You up at da swamp?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Wow! I just read the scientific weather forcast and understanding just the highlights is not good. The bulk of this cold air mass from the Yukon is still not here yet. It's just now at the Canadian border and here in Minnesota the next 48 hours is going to be brutal. It says some of the coldest air we have seen in the last five years at least.

And then a warmup for the weekend and then the cold winter weather pattern re establishes itself next week.

Something to look forward to.  ::)

And then last night the weather man showed in Rapid City, SD it was +43 F. That's not that far west of me.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

pep

-40 C here at 6:30 am.  It's -37 right now. :( :(  Its a good day to stay in and stoke the fire.

Cheers

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

Warbird

Hmmm.  Looks like we might get back down into the -20's F Sunday evening.  If that happens, it will make for a chilly last part of the moose hunting trip.

Hope y'all are staying warm.

thecfarm

Just went out to to the evening chores,3 above.But the days are getting longer now.But as the days lengthens,the cold strengthens.We are in for a cold spell too.I think Sunday it gets up to 20.I split a bunch of wood the other day.I will not be working outside until it warms up again.I have to go back to work Saturday.Have to wait until Wednesday to enjoy the great outdoors.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on January 14, 2009, 09:21:31 AM
Where are you Jeff?

Sayin -2 in Harrison and calm.  You up at da swamp?

I dont know where the heck they (you) got that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!