iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delivery

Started by Corley5, March 19, 2020, 03:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Took delivery of this load this AM.  It's 7 cords of a white and red oak mix.  It's being cut out of the I-75 right of way North of Indian River.  

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

That will make some nice firewood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Corley5

It's a good size for the firewood machine.  Already have much of it spoken for 8)  Made a couple calls to clients on class A roads.  Between sap runs we'll haul it away :) :)

SwampDonkey

A good sized pile for sure.  :)

Lots of snow still around here, no bare yard for awhile. She's a float today with rain. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cutterboy

Nice firewood for sure! I'm guessing you are selling it green? or do you have a fast kiln?
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Corley5

Sell it green.  The orders are going to OWB owners.

Nathan4104

Nice wood Corley. I dream of having a nice oak log in my stove when it's -40 outside! But.....
finally, got a load as well. looks like perfect processor wood. some days i wish my machine would do 16' but 8' is easy to manhandle for the most part. 
i'm guessing 25 cord there, pine/spruce.  around here, the only conifer firewood is the dead/dry stuff as i guess it does not pay quite as much by weight so some guys sort it out and sell as fuel wood.  

snowstorm

5 tier of 8ft 20 cd at the most. back in the 4ft days a 10 tier trailer would stick scale 20 cd

SwampDonkey

And 4 foot stacks tighter than 8 foot. I've never seen a self loader trailer with more than 12 or 13 cord of 8 foot, so if there is two there than 24-25 cords seems good. Self loaders these days are mostly on woodlots, on public land they want every inch for wood because the trucking rate is lower for mills, but they have steady work to until break up.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nathan4104

that semi trailer is hauling 6 tiers of 8' wood. it's a 'B train'. How he backed it out of my driveway i'll never know! 
the loader is a separate smaller tri-axle trailer pulled by a 3/4 ton truck.
No one in our area has a self loading semi trailer cause like you say every bit of space has got to pay!  

SwampDonkey

Oh OK, the photo is at such an angle that the loader truck is hiding. But in plain sight. :D

Corley5

Little less than 10 cord.  About 2/3 bug ash and the rest green sugar maple and beech.  Time for spring cleaning too.

Nathan4104

nice looking wood Corley, you are making me jealous!!!!
what processor do you have? Looks similar to my Blacks Creek.... i like the shed over rip your machine! i'd like to get to that point, but i typically move the machine to the wood rather than the wood to the machine..... need to build a big live deck.....auctions are too far from here....

SwampDonkey

Look'n good, keep them wheels turn'n. :)

Corley5

It's a 14-12 Block Buster.  The shed is an old one that we refurbished for the purpose.  Keeps the rain and sun off.  A live deck is on my list too.

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: Corley5 on March 28, 2020, 08:40:54 AMTime for spring cleaning too.

Nah Corley5, your good, I can still see the floor in some spots!  Gonna rain all day here, I'll be doing plenty of spring cleaning.  But first I got to try and get at least a cord done before it rains hard;D got to keep cash coming in and wood going out!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Corley5

22.75 cords of red oak.  100 face cord on order.  Winter's coming.

Corley5

I normally don't like to buy oak.  I prefer to sell a sugar maple/beech mix because it seasons faster but this is what's currently available.  Frost laws are just going off and there's what I want decked up on jobs but it's still pretty wet.  This was on a class A road with logging equipment still on the job.  Next week I'll get a different mix.

SwampDonkey

I've never burned oak up here, not that I have a bias, but we have very little of it. If we all started cutting oak for firewood the maple would take over those stands and that would be the end of the oak. Yes, I have seen it eradicated in some areas because it can't take a lot of shade from the maples. And also the oak is in pockets and non-continuous up here. I used to go hunting on crown land that had some barrel sized red oak in with a maple dominated forest. Those sites have been clearcut and the oak is gone. The seed needs more light than maple. There were some suckered stumps, but they died out to. When I am thinning, a red oak sapling is very rare. Besides that, it looks a lot like beech bark, and we cut any beech we come to unless there is nothing else. Beech is all dying up here, has been for years.  So, chances are the oak is cut unknowingly a lot of the time. Too late when it's on the ground and them oak leaves starring at ya. :D

Nathan4104

that's nice looking processor wood! I am so jealous!!!!!! 
I have a bunch of 3-5" round crooked birch to run through later this week.....

Thank You Sponsors!