iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ms261C-M won't start

Started by Toymechanic, April 21, 2020, 07:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toymechanic

Hello,

I'm new here!

I have some questions about why my saw won't start.

About 4 weeks ago my MS261C-M died like it fouled spark plug. So I went and got a new spark plug gapped it put it in. It was the exact number spark plug. It didn't start. Pulled the plug held to the cylinder no spark. Search the internet and found out that a fuel solenoid valve would not cause it to not have spark. So I bought a used coil same number as mine put it on still no start. Bought a new fuel solenoid valve put it in still won't start. Remove plug it  wetwas soaken with gas! 
I bought a service manual thinking that might help. tI was pretty much useless,(doesn't give ohm readings or anything).
I check continuity on the red, black, yellow and white wires, the wires seem fine. Then I checked continuity on the terminals on the coil where the red and black wire go. It shows open line.

After reading what I could find in the service manual I believe that the solenoid valve is open meaning it'll flood the carburetor until the signal is given from the coil to close off and start regulating the fuel, one is why the spark plug is soaking wet.

I'm now thinking the used coil/module that I bought is no good just like my original coil! does anyone know what the coil is supposed to ohm out at across the red and black wire's terminals

Anyone have an idea.

This was my favorite saw until 4 weeks ago!😄

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Other saws I have 034AV 20", MS181 14", MS291 20", MS261c-M 20"
Gary

Two Trax

Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you tried posting this issue over on Outdoor Power Equipment or the Arboristsite Forums?  Some pretty knowledgeable chain saw wrenches over there. I have one of these saws for several years now, never a problem. Would certainly be interested what the problem was when you get it running again. Good luck!
Livin the dream!

Thank You Sponsors!