iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Current stumpage price for ERC Brazos Valley, TX..

Started by ARp, February 12, 2020, 05:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARp

Does anyone have a price for standing Eastern Red Cedar?  Any suggestions where to find it?  The county ag extension office has not been able to help.

Need 30 to 50 trees for cordwood facia for my house, neighbor has them and has offered them. Hope to find current stumpage price.

Thanks

Autocar

Surprise's me no one has gave you some kind of answer, I would think you could find a answer on goggle or at least a direction to go.
Bill

doc henderson

It depends.  they are so plentiful here, i have never paid for them.  of course i go pick them up and may have to limb them.  I do not generally buy logs.  Not much traditional logging in ks.  Are you just trying to find a fair price to offer?
here is 1 of 5 loads a guy is clearing, i get them for free if i pick them up, and will mill one of them into trim for a shop apartment for him.

I am sorry for not answering your question directly, but they are worth what ever someone will pay in your area.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

woodduckhunter

youre looking at 60-90 ton brought to you, if bought in any quantity.  Now, they cut, skid, load, and haul it to you for that.  So in reality, stumpage price to the landowner is not the sky high price they all think it is.  in that area with cedar, there is always a furniture maker that will go offer somebody 100 bucks for one standing cedar tree and word gets around.  soon after, everyone in the county thinks an entire cedar thicket is worth 100/tree.

nativewolf

About $0.50/bdft at the export yards around here.  Landowners would get 40% at most, likely less.  Footage is tough to calculate, there is a cedar log rule.  So a whole nice tree maybe 20 bucks if it has 100bdft and that is actually a decent cedar.  But I am just spitballing the estimate and it is worth what you paid for it.
Liking Walnut

ARp

Thank you gentlemen for your responses.  

Doc, your question was right on the money, looking for a fair price.  They are good neighbors, want to be fair.

The delivered price is helpful, thank you guys.  

Thank You Sponsors!