iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by ehp, June 28, 2019, 07:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

So I stopped at my dealer tonight to get more chain oil and I ended up with a husky 572  at a very good deal , I honestly did not want 1 but at that price I said why not so lets just say it was cheap 8). Neither of my dealers has sold a single 572 here but have sold a lot of stihl 462 so he wanted me to be the first poor guy to try and test one out and see how it worked so I will put 25 tanks threw it and see how it runs , its a pound and a half heavier to start with over the 462 . I got a couple hundred feet of chain for husky and a pile of bars so might as well use them up . I ran my old 372 xpg for almost 2 weeks , its a XT type and that saw works very well but its not stock .

Pine Ridge

I want one !!!! I waited and waited for them to be available here in missouri, and now I'm hesitant to buy one. I have 2 372s that are in great shape and strong runners, I just can't justify buying one right now. I have ran 2 of the 572s in the last couple of months, one really impressed me that had several tanks of gas through it, not fully broken in, was a strong runner. The other one was new, second time it had been started, throttle response on it wasn't near what it was on the other one. I know and fully understand that a new saw has to be broken in and the rings seated to make full power. I'm going to see how these two buddies of mine get along with theirs for awhile and see if any unforeseen problems arise before I get one, but I do want one!!!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

celliott

I need a new reliable 70cc saw for logging. I'm just a part timer but my old 372's and 2171's are getting long in the tooth. 
I was all set to get a 572 when the time comes, but the new 462 sure does look appealing. I've been a husky guy for a long time but maybe there will be a 462 in my future. 

What I really want to see is how they each hold up to long term use. I know they put 6203 bearings in the 572. Maybe it doesn't matter, probably most will get smashed or stolen before they wear out a bottom end...
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

outinthewood

My 572 will be a year old in about 3/4 weeks and I find no faults with it. When new it was in the hottest temps Ireland had for 40 years and it gave no trouble I just followed the starting routine as stated in the manual and it quickly "found it's feet" and it was one pull and away. Much is made of it being fat , it's the same as a 372 XP XT so as I've said before I can live with that ! I have never got an answer but it's said that the 572 when new the AT is set to run easy for a number of hours to full give a break in period ? All I have done to mine is open up the muffler and for a "stock" saw it pulls a 28" full comp fine in both hard and soft wood. It's fuel use is very good which makes life easier when as I do you cover a big area during the day as less fuel to carry around. I have a small fleet of ported saws but I'm finding the 572 is doing most of the work now so that has to say something. 

ehp

well just used it on the landing bucking logs up, Put 4 tanks threw it today . So far so good and its still in the pickup so that means its going to work tomorrow as well. Its louder than the 462

Pine Ridge

I'm glad to hear you guys are having good luck with your 572s. 
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

ehp

once I get it fully broken in we will see how it compares to the 462 in power

HolmenTree

Ed, will be interesting to see how the 572 turns out.
 It has a longer stroke then a 395XP by 1 mm. 
39mm stroke is long for a 70cc saw,  Lots of room for extra displacement especially seeing its got a strong bottom end.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

outinthewood

Going off topic slightly, the 550 mark 2 arrived last week in the Irish dealers last week and it is just a shrunken 572. Same muffler set up with the air gap between the crankcase and I would say the only thing in common with the 550 is it's name ! A very good clue to what we may expect for the "new" 562 ?

ehp

so far it seems ok, I have not had a single fuel problem like I was with the newer 562's . Its still pretty tight so once it looses up we will see .

ehp

its starting to loosen up , so far zero problems

ehp

So far so good . Im happy with how the 572 runs . Its brutal hot here and zero hot start problems . As far as power goes its seems to be very close to the 462 and it could even be ahead by just abit but once I move back near home and Im not under the gun to be finished I will test all of them and have another guy testing his new saws as well just to be fair

ehp

I have moved back to near my home so I will do some playing and see how the 572 stacks up , so far not a single problem and I like it better than the 365/372 xt for cutting on the landing . The mounts are pretty soft on the xt saws so makes bore cutting from underneath harder . 572 seems pretty good on power but you can tell it really wants to go just needs abit of help , porting is pretty close from factory

olcowhand

Ed,
If you keep talking like this, I can see a time when my wife will look in the back of the truck and ask me why I needed a new saw......
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

barbender

I'm always excited to see your updates on th 572 and 462's, Ed. I need to update my 70cc saw, the 572 is almost $200 cheaper here. The 572 is around $950, and the 462 is in the $1150 ballpark. If they have the same deal they have the last 2 years at our logging show this fall, one of the vendors had Husky 390s for a little over $900. I might just say to heck with it and get one of those. I like torque. I think I've mentioned that before😁
Too many irons in the fire

outinthewood

Be interesting to see how any port work turns out, my one only has a gutted muffler and it made a difference and to be honest will most likely stay that way as it's doing good work with a 28" day in day out. Been talking to a couple of lads in the UK and although they like their 462's they are critical of the build quality i.e. the light build of handles ,fuel solenoid issues. Now I will say that I know the guy's but have never worked with them so it may be that they are a little hard but I suspect not and the weight saving had to be somewhere ! I will be getting a 500i to try shortly so will be interesting to see how that feels ?

ehp

we played abit yesterday , 572 if ran correctly has more torque than the 462 . By correct I mean you have to get the 572 wound up before touching the wood . If you go into the wood at say 8000 rpms the 572 lays down a touch more in the wood compared to 13000 rpms before hitting the wood . Guy that was here with me thinks he is going to put a 572 on the mill and try it . He had a 395 on mill but hated the chain adjuster on saw. He has a 088 and 3120 as well

barbender

So you've got to keep the 572 revved, it's a little "pipey" so to speak?

outinthewood

I did a fair bit of milling with my one on a 72" set up along with a 576 and was very happy how it worked out, the better i.e. faster AT and  torque of the 572 kept the 576 "up there" and not so much die off in revs when hitting a hard spot. 

ehp

the 572 has torque but if you draw it down on the start it just stays a flat and around 8000 rpms , if you stir it up before putting in the wood your up near 9600 rpms , the 462 is every bit as peaky on torque band if not more .

ehp

Now what I like and do not like and compare with the 462 , These are just my thoughts so take them or throw them out the door . I feel the 572 is a stronger built saw than the 462 but the 572 weighs more but not much more and feels good in the hands, The 462 is easier on the hands thou, they are very nice to run . The autotune of the 572 on this saw has not once given me any trouble and its been ran a lot of days in well over 100F . I like the 462 choke/off switch better . You never touch the switch other than when you set it to first start where the 572 you got to take switch off choke then crank saw more to start it . I like the stihl ES bars a lot better than the husky stuff , the husky stuff just will not handle this sand in the summer time where the stuff bars do , I have ordered another 572 thou just to use on the landing

barbender

I really appreciate all the updates and info on these saws, ehp!👍👍

HotRail

Quote from: barbender on August 02, 2019, 11:40:04 PM
I really appreciate all the updates and info on these saws, ehp!👍👍
Same here...stihl or husky.  

Grandpa

ehp

got new 572 today, going on abit of a trip to try and keep wife and kids happy :D

Thank You Sponsors!