iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Mood?  Bad Mood?

Started by Tom, June 10, 2004, 09:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I just got off of the phone today with one of the most negative people I've ever met in my life.  I know him so I know that is just how he is.  People who don't know him would probably run for the hills thinking he would harm them. :D

The world is bad, the county is bad, the city is bad, the weather is bad, his truck is bad, his tractor is bad, his help is bad and he can't find anybody who wants to go fishing.

It's real simple to me.  I know that we all have a bad day now and again.  That's what friends are for, to help you make it through them.  

I had an old-timer tell me that "wakin' up time" in the morning was the most impotant time of the day.  That is when you swing your feet out of bed, sit on the edge of the mattress and decide if you are going to be happy today or not. ;D

You know, he is right.  It's a 50:50 decision.  Kinda like a true or false in school.  There aren't a lot of choices even if times are bad.  You're either going to start the day off with a smile on your face or not.

I'd rather the smile. :) :D :D :D

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Bothy_Loon

Come on now lads, if your makin sawdust you MUST be happy!!
Bothy

Tom

It sure helps, Bothy.

If a sawmill is all it takes then this fellow needs a couple of them. :D

Bibbyman

I worked with a guy that would take the award for being grumpy and negative.  You'd never see him smile or in a happy mood unless there was some tragedy involved.   The wife of another co-worker worked with Grumpy's wife.  She too was insufferable.  

The whole Grumpy family (including three teenage kids) came to a company event one time and set together and snapped and snarled at one another the whole time. No one else would come near them.

What a way to go through life. >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm with you Tom, Spread the sunshine!

Think I'm gonna dance now..8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kevin_H.

I have people at work come up to me and ask " Why are you always in such a good mood"  the answer is always because I choose to be.

It is totally up to me on what kind of mood I am in, So why not always choose good mood over bad mood.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

CHARLIE

Hmmmmmmm.....I hope that wasn't my phonecall. ;D   Second thought, I didn't call. Reckon it must've been somebody else. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

iain

my glass is normaly half full :)
cept when i forget to press the decomp button on the 075 or 084 on a cold morning :o
but then i look happy to people watching as i dance around shaking my hand :D

Gary_C

Today I was lucky enough to get to drive all the way across the Twin Cities in late afternoon with the backhoe on the trailer with a constant drizzle or rain shower. I think even the Good Mood people after 3 days of rain and perhaps everyday are in the Bad Mood camp at the end of the commute. What a way to live.

I started with a "stay out of the way and I hope I don't hit anyone" philosophy and ended up wondering if there were any more left over rocket propelled grenades in Iraq. There were three guys who raced down the left lane until they were alongside their exit and then right turned across 2 lanes and somehow avoided driving on the grass. There were many, many drivers racing down the right lanes and even the shoulders at slowdowns who would then get very ugly with anyone who would not let them crowd in at the last minute. And of course, all have their right arm growing out their ears and are also "talking" with their other hand and occasionally jerking the steering wheel to get back in their lanes.

The good news is most of the people seem to think that is "Quality Living." The bad news is they are moving out our way and getting closer every day.

Gary
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Percy

Good thread.
When I was a kid about 15 years old, I ran into an old homeless person while I was feelin sorry for myself about somthin I cant even remember. In the course of the conversation, he determined that I wasnt hungry, wasnt sick, and no one was trying to kill/hurt me. He said" You got nothin to whine about sonny. You're happiness is your  own responsiblity." He was right. It takes quite abit to get me down nowadays. Yesterday  I had a guy come around who was cranky to put it nicely, tellin me whut HE was gonna pay yaddayadda. When he finished his rant, I didnt say a word  but broke wind loudly just lookin at him with a grin. He broke out laffing and left with a smile on his face, an empty wallet and a plugged nose. :D :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!