iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Piggy Roast '05 food

Started by beenthere, July 29, 2005, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Jeff and Tammy
Without pressure  :D , what would your wishes be regards what we bring to help out with the food?

Just let it happen? 
General time 'plan' for the day, like Piggy's table-time, etc.?
Non-stop eating? Or scheduled time-off?
Drinks (BYO?) ?  (limited, or no, alcohol due to the kids in the midst?)
Any preferences?
Local stores should be easy to get to, if a 'dish-to-pass' is needed?
A work schedule on Friday? Times?
I am game for whatever you would think.

Being a 'cheese-head', we plan to bring some varieties of cheese for 'whenever'. 

Plan to keep my logs at home  ;D

I'm not looking for a complete rundown of answers, but if you have any thoughts, would appreciate them. I can go with the flow, but don't want to miss something either  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm accountable for a dessert ;)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

As for time started, the actual pig roast does not really have an exact time, but noon Saturday is probably close. We actually start the night before getting the pig ready and putting it in the roaster, then we have a bon-fire and pig watch throught the night. Anyone in town that wants to be here is more then welcome. Last year we played with old engines and played some guitar and just had a plain good time. On Saturday Morning, Kevin_H and family cook breakfast outside for anyone that happens to be here. Last year there were quite a few of us. After breakfasst,  whoever is here, rushs around and trys to get everything at least somewhat organized. Kids swim in the pool, and everybody just makes thierself at home. We eat somewhere after noon depending on da pig. We then keep eating until late into the night.  Its all pretty casual, like you would expect at a family get together. 
So, the simple answer is, I guess, 12:00 Saturday but come whenever you like.

As to the alcohol question. Its not banned, but limited and its very low key and is not the focus. Its role is no more then that of a beverage of choice and its limited to beer. I drink a beer now and then myself. If someone wants to drink a beer, thats up to them, ya just gotta remember the same guy policing the forum is policing the pig roast and he's even bigger in real life. ;D

FOOD!  Not nessesary to bring anything unless you want to. Our main menu will be Roast Pork, baked beans and macaroni salad. If anyone wants to bring another dish its welcome but we have the staples. Again, it is certainly not nessesary to bring anything but yourselves. There is a grocery store less then a half mile from the house in answer to another question.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Teri

What... All those people there and NO homemade icecream????  :o  ;D

Jeff

Well, I was planning on that but I really needed help from the Florida contingency to gt er done. So, No home made ice cream. HOWEVER, we are having ice cream thanks to NASA. :D  We have a case of Astronaut ice cream sent ahead by Weekend Sawyer.

I really want an ice cream freezer to run with one of my hit n miss engines for the pig roasts but I guess that is down the road.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Teri

Tom will be there to support us Floridians so that should count.  :)  I'll make him the official taste tester!  ;D ;D ;D

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

I will be bringing something that resembles the following.  I am making them next week these are pics are from last year. Plus one other dessert.

Quote from: Mrs._Stump_Jumper on August 04, 2004, 07:10:43 PM

Blueberry cheesecake

cherry cheesecake
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Tom

Ohh-h-h-h   my goodnes-s-s-s..........

Norm

Ohhhh Delcy that looks so good and I'm here to tell you I sampled some of that last year and it was just as good in person. BUT I can't just take your word that this years will be ok....best send them to me and I'll taste test em. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!