iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A sentimental Project

Started by VooDooChikin04, April 27, 2020, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VooDooChikin04

The house my fiance and I live in, is the farm house/ acreage my father purchased 5years before I was born.  Around that time of purchase in 1980 he built a red wood deck about 12 x30ft or so.  Now 40years later the deck is mostly still holding up with only a few sections that remain in shade, starting to fail.  Last year for a birthday present to my fiance, I took some pieces of the railing I replaced, (2x4) and milled them.  I was shocked at how beautiful that redwood was after so many years in the element. 

I made 4-  8x10 picture frames and then encased it with a raised section.  She is a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland so i bought these prints online and got the glass from salvaged frames, she also keeps her Alice shot glasses on the little shelf.  The dark spots are nail holes.  It now hangs in our living room.  Figured I would share with ya guys!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trimguy

VooDooChikin04

Thanks guys! Simple yet has meaning

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Crusarius

RPF2509

I've used lots of salvaged redwood, some over 100 years old.  Take the weathered material off and its like new underneath ready to last another 100 years.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Nebraska

VooDooChikin04

Thanks guys. Important part is that my fiance loves it!

Thank You Sponsors!