iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who wants it?

Started by Jeff, August 20, 2002, 07:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Got this note from my friend Ada at the DNR.

.  Do you have any Wisconsin members?  If so, I have a gift for you to send one of them if you think it's appropriate...a 1965 Wisconsin Big Game Hunting Regulations guide. It's in great shape.

Who would like this? I would. :) But I'm generous to a fault. ;)

Thanks Ada!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Florida isn't too far from Wisconsin, does it count?  

Count............count........hmmmm     maybe I shouldn't go there.          

.....nevermind!

Frank_Pender

Geee, Jeff, I am not the furthest away, but it would look good with my collection of things. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

I will keep you on the short list Frank. Ada said wisconsin member, but they seem to have all went in to hybernation already. :)

Frank_Pender

Thank you, Jeff for the consideration. ;D
Frank Pender

J Beyer

I'm in Wisconsin.  Is it possible to still get the book?

Pleeeaaaaaase!!!

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Jeff

It really should go to someone in Wisconsin. Now Jeff you have to meet certain criteria before I can consider you farther. Are you native to Wisconsin, or just squattin for a spell. Do you know who this guy is without asking somebody?

J Beyer

The guy looks like Vince Lombardi.  I've lived in Wisconsin since March 28, 1975, and was delivered at Mecry medical Center in Oshkosh Wisconsin.

How did I do?

Tom

J Beyer

Could it be that Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers, the Holy Land of Wisconsin  ;D, the home of God's football team  8) 8) 8) 8) just happens to be an hour or so from my home?  ::) ::)  Naaahhhh, that can't be it.  it must have been all of those Packer games that I've watched. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

JB

Paul_H

Vince Lombardi,isn't he the guy that played Auld Ange Syne at New years eve?

J Beyer,do you hunt?

:D :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

J Beyer

Paul, sending you a private message on the hunting thing. This will be my first year hunting.

JB

Paul_H

Just having a little fun.I admire your enthusiasm for the sport.
I used to hunt Deer and Grouse after work and on weekends without fail since I was 16.I had to be with someone over 18,till I was that age.My Uncle Harold would take me,and he was a good teacher.He new every knoll,patch,and creek around.
I hadn't gone out much in the past few years,till my son,Tom got the bug.He uses my 410 for grouse.He got one last year at 13 years old.A good clean shot.But still a little buckshot to make eating more interesting. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

O.K. There Jeff. Correct Answer. Now. Question Number 2. (And this is still open to otheres)

Michigan and Wisconsin are good neighbors. They have many things in common, namely one big thing. Lake Michigan. But there are some differences, even in language. So first look at the picture below and pick the term that someone from Wisconsin would use to describe the removal of the attached appendage to this individual from WI's head.

1. Amputation
2. Circumcision
3. Decapitation
4. Labotomy
5. Castration
6. Liberation
7. Gestation
8. Conversion

Tom

1. Amputation

I think I have a slice of it attached to the top of my head somewhere too 'cause I like the Packers

J Beyer

I too have to go with #1 amputation  for my  FINAL answer.  But if you do that, you get #8 conversion that person into a Bears fan  

Besides, the cheeseheads that I know of (cheesehaed in this case is the funny looking headgear) are completely removable.

Here's another twist on things and is NOT my answer.  The amputaion of the cheesehead is also a lombatomy and what do you get, a Bears fan   ;D ;D ;D

Bro. Noble

Let me make it plain from the beginning that I have no use for some old book of hunting rules.

Just wanted to express my opinions on some of the surgical procedures:

I can remember process #2 as a lad or 4 or 5 years.  I still don't care a whole lot for doctors.

Concerning #4,  While I no longer use strong spirits; I'd way rather have a 'bottle-n-front-a-me' than a 'frontal labatomy'

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

It seems to me that it should be a decapitation.
After all that means cutting off of the head
and that guy is definitely a cheesehead.

Whitepe
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

O.K, I accept that answer, although the correct answer was not in the list.

Now, to the forestry and wildlife portions of our "are you really qualified or even truly worthy enough to get this" questionaire. This part is tough and the last step. I think.
 ;)

1At the time this photo was taken, this was the largest white pine alive. What county was it in in Wisconsin?

2 In Michigan we have the Michigan Forest Resource Alliance that helps educate and promote understanding of growing and ultilizing and sustaining our forests. Wisconsin has an organization pattered after MFRA. What is the name of this org. and who is its director.

3 Michigan has a popular outdoors show callled Michigan Outdoors. Wisconsin has a very similar show. What is it and what is the name of its little host.

Jeff

Jeez, I knew those questions were tough but I didnt think they would blow up J Beyer's Computer. No takers? Guess Jeff moved to a state with easier answers. Frank, yer back in the ball game. :)

Frank_Pender

I can catch IT!   Through IT my way.  I played all positions in baseball, even catcher ONCE. 8) 8) 8)  It nice to be back in the game.  Thank You! ;D
Frank Pender

Jeff

Ya still gotta answer the questions first. :D

chet

Hey can a Yooper play? ??? I may not be a cheesehead, but I do like it on my pizza. The tree in the photo no longer stands, but I'm sure that before it lost it's top, you would have been able to see my home from it. I live just across the border, but tree work takes me to Eagle River, Wi. quite often. A while back while in Phelps, Wi I got to talk to a guy, his first name was Jim. On saturdays I try to watch the little guy from WI on channel 13, I can'nt get him on the D i S h . 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Yes, you can play, yer *DanG near a a a a a.... badger. ;)

Give me the answers. I dont think you have number 2 yet though. Jim aint workin, ya gotta thing female.

Are you going to win al my contests now? :D

chet

here goes:  Mcarthur Pine, Newald WI, forest co.   ;)   Well if this one is not Trees for Tomorrow, it must be the Wisconsin Forest  Resource Education  Alliance I think the directer is Eden Koljord? The last one is Wisconsin Outdoors with Dan Small.  :)  Well will I make it as an adopted Cheesehead.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D       GO LIONS ooops it slipped. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!