iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e 2300 won't go above 179 deg

Started by jason1977, January 16, 2011, 08:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason1977

my 2300 has been working great for my first winter till now.  i keep my temp set at 192,  two days ago i came home and the temp said 177 and it was in high burn mode and look like it had a good fire burning but would not go above 179 deg.  any ideas out their i have always cleaned rc box every week the tubes every other week and my ash is two to three inches below my holes.  i am using the same wood that i started with.  my dad has temp gun but i have not went over to get it to see what the temp is on the pipe on  the back of stove.  when i touch the pipe they seem warmer then 177 that is where i got temp set at because it will shut off when it reaches that temp.  do u think it could be the temp read out is bad?  what happens when rc box is crack?  I have little smoke on rc door but not alot, hopefully someone can help

ken999

Does the boiler shut off at 179 even though it is set to 192?

jason1977

no it keeps burning in high burn mode that is way i set it at 177 for now

doctorb

Jason-

Are you getting gasification?  Open RC door and check

Adjust closure of RC door.  There should be no smoke here.

Open back panel.  Is there any smoke coming out of the solenoid?  If there is, then shut the stove down, remove solenoid and clean out creosote in the air passages.  I would look quickly for this.  It's easy to look, but you would have to shut down to do.

Open firebox door and burn with bypass open.  Try to keep fire at a level so that it doesn't pour out the front door.  Does temp go up over about the next 10 - 15 minutes?  If it does then I believe that your fire is air starved (Works with door open, doesn't work with it closed.) 

Is there smoke coming out of the chimney in high burn?  If so, then check for creosote build-up at the bypass door.  If the creosote holds the door open a bit, then the air that's supposed to be forced into the fire comes out the stack.  Gasification is less and efficiency is decreased.  You need a good seal here for it to work well.

Check water level.

Clean out a poke through each and every air hole in the firebox.

The order of these items above is not necessarily corect.  Do the easy stuff first.  reoprt back.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

jason1977

just went out to reload stove and i noticed one of the four bolts is gone on the door on the inside.  will this keep it from getting up to temp?  and does this mean the door is warped or can i just put a new bolt in?  can i just take the outside skin of door of and replace the bolt for now?  i was looking at it and i thought if i take the 1/4 screws out on the outside i might be able to put a new bolt in there for now.  their is a small gap between the steel and the door where the bolt is gone will this cause my problem hope to here from someone today so i might be able to fix it today thanks guys!!!!

doctorb

Jason-

I can't help with specific info for the fix as I have not seen that problem.  I would think, if you can get a good seal of the door to the stove, that one bolt might not matter.  I presume you are talking about the RC door and not the firebox door.  The latter has been discussed on other threads here recently.  If your problem is with the firebox door, I would PM those people who have been through the warping and fit problems discussed there.

As for as the RC door goes, I'd be calling my dealer.  For the mean time I would get some wood stove roping and increasing its thickness where you see the air / smoke leak, as a temporary plug.  If your door seals, I'll bet your stove will run as it was before this problem.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

superwd6

Mine did the same thing. Tore it apart to find bolt not replacable. Dealer sent pictures to Central & two weeks later I had a complete new door minus the outer painted tin & locking mechanism. Newer design as well ,should never break again. My flate plate with the four bolts wasn't warped either. Central has been good to deal with ;D

jason1977

superwd6 i just took mine apart today a put a new bolt threw the hole put it back together and it is up to 185 now.  but are u say they might send me a new door thanks for all the input guys

darnet

Jason1977 PM sent.
  Yes CB has been very good to deal with. Brian T is a good guy to talk to there and helped me out alot.
  Scott

Thank You Sponsors!