iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw doctor has me shut down. Anyone know a good one for swingmills

Started by Part_Timer, February 25, 2006, 06:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

thecfarm

If you have never seen a swing mill in use,go to a Expo or something,They are quite the rig.I try to explain one to a guy at work ,but he can't grasp it when I tell him it cuts vetical and hozital.And the cuts meet.Swing Mills have really caught on in the last few years.I went to a small show,they had a swing,bandsaw,and a circular mill.I spent more time with the swing guy than the others.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

getoverit

I have demo'd my new peterson to about a dozen people now, and every time I go down the log and back and a board drops off... they just stand there in awe ..... most of them say... "do that again"  :D

I've heard comments like "why didnt someone think of that 100 years ago"... to "DanG that was easy.... can I try it" ???

I've also heard "I was expecting rough sawn lumber !!.... this stuff is almost finished grade!"

you just have to admit that the technology of the swingmill is awesome. I can see the whole swingmill industry growing more and more as people see how simple and easy they are to operate and move around.

I'm glad the blade issue got resolved today. I know sooner or later I'm going to need a sawdoc too.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Jeff

Well, I'm not certain it has been resolved yet but its sure good to know they are working on it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jpgreen

I dunno Ken.

But then again your swinger may be over rated. I think there's prolly no hope.  Just ship it to me and end your grief and dispare..  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

TN_man

I just used a guy in SW Kentucky (sorry not a sponsor ::)). When the pickup guy delivered it back to us, he asked "What kind of mill does this come off of?" They ground off part of the top of the blade, so I was afraid that may be they had messed it up but it seems to work great.  At least we could tell they read the instruction sheet that we had sent them a copy of because it had greasy finger prints all over it.
This issue is definitely a concern because blades are not cheap and you can not get them local.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Captain

Massachusetts may not be "local", but at least it is not overseas....to you US customers.  We usually have a blade selection in stock here.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!