iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of my David Brown tractor

Started by loudsam, February 25, 2006, 04:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2234

Quote from: Minnesota_boy on February 25, 2006, 09:23:32 AM
You want some of that powdery white stuff?  I have an extra foot that I'd be happy to send your way!  :D

You can send a couple inches down this way, since my wife of 25 years has never seen snow falling out of the sky. (except that snowball I hit her with, but that's another story)
   She doesn't like the cold, so make sure you warm it up first.
      David from jax

jpgreen

LS Doug..

You won't hear anything from the heater because it's just an element heating up.  You can check it with an ohm meter, and someone in a prior post mentioned the resistance and prollly knows what it should read...  smiley_beertoast
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

wiam

If you are talking about a block heater, it will make a hissing sound.  Any electric engine heater I have ever used did this except when it did not work. 

Will

Dana

Thats right Will, a block heater or one in the lower radiator hose,  hisses when first pluged in. A heater in the air intake manifold, will make no noise, as it is only in contact with air, not coolant. The air intake heater is also 12 v dc and won't have a 120 v ac plug on it. How about that for a run on sentence?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

jpgreen

Wal- we can end this controversy right now in a sure fire way...

Go in the house and cut a lamp cord off.  Make sure you unplug it first.  Strip both ends of the wire and then twist them up good.

Attach one wire side to your block heater, git an extention cord out there and plug in the lamp cord.

grab the other side of the lamp cord wire with your left hand, then grab the other terminal on the block heater with your right hand.

If it's workin well, you'll know..  ;D  If not, ship me the tractor..  :D :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Thank You Sponsors!