iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lumber Crayon

Started by Magicman, August 25, 2009, 09:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I tried various crayon holders, etc. until I found this a couple of years ago.  I get this from Home Depot and have seen them at Sears.  It's spring loaded and snaps back when not in use.  I've worn out a few, but they only cost about 2 bucks.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

It's called a "Pencil Pull". I got a bunch at the Home Despot. My boss kept borrowing my pencils, so I put it on a leash. :D I swear he's reselling them somewhere at a profit. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ErikC

I use the metal Keybak thing, same idea. Really is handy. The price on those of yours is great, I may look into it next time I am in there.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Cedarman

Might be wise to use T-shirts that match the crayon color.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

:D :D :D   By the end of the day, they're all the same color as sweat and sawdust..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

backwoods sawyer

I carry two of those wooden handled crayons that have the leather wrist strap. I tie the wrist straps together and put them in my back pocket. The reason I carry two is that some wood is freshly cut and a dark color like purple shows up good, other logs have darkened so a light color like yellow shows up good.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Tripp

I like the lumber crayon pencil pull combo. I have been using one for about three years when I am working on a building project. I am bad about setting down pencils and having to search for them. That little retractable lanyard can really save you some time.

Tripp

Thank You Sponsors!