iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A peek behind Mr. Hootie's fence.

Started by DanG, February 08, 2006, 12:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I went up to Mr. Hootie's place to get that snatch block Getoverit wants, today.  I took the camera along and captured about .001% of the sights for ya.  Here's a few scenes:

Need an engine?

Didn't see what you need? Here's more:

That's only a few of'em.  If you need to do something, Hootie will lead you to something that will do the job.  If you need something specific, roll up your sleeves and put on your snake boots.  You're on your own! :D

Building a jon boat and need a bow thruster for it?

Maybe Murf needs an arresting cable setup for his airport. ??? ::)

Woodbowl and I were plundering around a few weeks ago and found this pile of kegs in one of the old sheds.  They are all full of rivets.  This may be part of the "mistakes" Mr. Hootie freely admits to. ::)

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Good stuff DanG,I never would have thought about the snake part though  ???

Did you manage to sneak a picture of Mr Hootie?  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Mr Hootie was in Absentia.  I think that's a couple of towns over, where his foot doctor works.  Mr. Hootie has a collection of doctors, like most 83 year-olds do.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

asy

Ok... I give up...

who's Mr Hootie?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

Asy, you ain't been payin' attention.

Hey, I just found out today that Mr. Hootie has a website! 8) 8)

You can visit at  www.parramore.com

If ya look at the page on the 2005 Veteran's day parade, you can see the man himself in the second pic.  He is resplendantly attired in the brown trousers and blue denim jacket.  There's some good pics of some of his vehicles.

The rest of the site is a pretty good tour of his grounds.  Some of the pics are not quite up to date, I'm afraid.  I saw my forklift in one of them, and I've had it for 3 years. ::) :D :D

asy

Quote from: DanG on February 08, 2006, 01:42:19 AM
you can see the man himself in the second pic.

Do you mean the fiercely cute dude on the left???

Thanks for this, I assume he's your neighbour?

the old harley photos are cool...

woodbowl

So that's where you've been off galevantin' at! No wonder I couldn't get up with you yesterday.

Here are some pics from the other day at Mr Hooties. DanG is hiding in the bushes and standing by a ...... uh ...... what is that thing? It looks like some kind of dirt eater.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sprucebunny

I like the captions >>> "almost starts"  and "burnt beyond repair runs perfect " :D :D

I got a couple of those things at my house :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

I am trying to find a need for that Gatlin gun carriage.;D That is some collection.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Murf

Don't know about an arrestor cable......

We gots trees fer fellers dat miss da numbers on a downwind landing.  :D

If'n I could wind it up tho', I could prolly rig it ta launch da ultra-light fellers.   :o

Dat would be a Hootie allright.   8)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Murf

Hey, der's no prices on dat site, how's a feller supposed to know how much a da green stuff ta bring?  ::)

Minnesota_boy

That's easy, just bring all you can get your hands on.  There's bound to be something that you really need. 8) 8) :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Murf

Dat's precisely what I'm afeered of.  ::)

bitternut

Man, I bet you can get some real surprises flipping some of that stuff over. I think I would be wearing a full snake-proof body suit in that place. Probably full of scorpions and brown recluse spiders also.

Say, ASY............when did you get the strobe light implant?

SwampDonkey

That sure brings back memories DanG. When I was a kid some 30 years ago I was always exploring all the old bone yards, machine sheds and wagon sheds on the farm from 4 generations of collections.  Those were great years. ;D  8) Father cleaned most of them up in the early eighties and I kinda grew out of machines and iron and started spending time in the woods.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Quote from: bitternut on February 08, 2006, 12:58:18 PM
Say, ASY............when did you get the strobe light implant?

It was my Christmas pressie from da boss...

Oh, and, are there Brown Recluse spiders in florida???   

Buzz-sawyer

It was like dejavu or something....or entering the nexus of the universe....I came within 4 miles of this place...and it pulled me like a black hole sucking in galaxies of rusted irion.....yet I NEVER saw it.... :'( :'( :'(
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ironwood

Must be a great gal involved somewhere.?

We can all aspire to such a great collection! Nice. Thanks for sharing. I just got off the phone with him. Nice feller. I already learned something just from the photos!

Thanks again! Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

getoverit

In a city the size of Jacksonville, Florida, there just HAS to be a good place to hsop like this... I just havent found it yet... I did get a good 2 ton snatch block from Mr Hootie (thanks to DanG.

Thanks for the Pics DanG !  (and the block)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

ScottAR

Woodbowl,  looks like a bucket trencher... Too many trees to be sure...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!