iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatta you guys think of this beast?

Started by Bcg, January 21, 2021, 08:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

@donbj I am not sure how you made firewood if all the limbs were still intact?... :D :D :D  my dad used one as a kid on the back of a 3 point ford tractor, and made firewood to sell, as they were poor as well.  my grandpa had polio and it was tough for non educated folks during the depression, since he could not do all types of manual labor.  Grandpa would need a ride across the field to get on a tractor.  my dad had a milk route before school and a paper route after, and all the money went to his mom.  He was the oldest of 11 and born in 35.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

donbj

Quote from: doc henderson on January 23, 2021, 01:57:23 PM
@donbj I am not sure how you made firewood if all the limbs were still intact?... :D :D :D  my dad used one as a kid on the back of a 3 point ford tractor, and made firewood to sell, as they were poor as well.  my grandpa had polio and it was tough for non educated folks during the depression, since he could not do all types of manual labor.  Grandpa would need a ride across the field to get on a tractor.  my dad had a milk route before school and a paper route after, and all the money went to his mom.  He was the oldest of 11 and born in 35.
Haha, good catch doc. :D.  it was kinda slow going that way! Even harder getting it in the stove.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Don P

There is something intimidating about a circle blade. I've had people make comments about my big skillsaw. They think nothing of using a chainsaw, a way more dangerous tool. The same with a buzz saw, it is stationary, with a chainsaw you are carrying a much more dangerous saw around in your hands, usually across uneven ground and working out of position.

Rigg

Used one on this farm until my great grandmother passed away at 97 in the late 1990s.  Cut sawmill slabs for her wood cookstove.  Can still taste the biscuits from that thing.
Frick 00, International UD-14A

SawyerTed

I have routinely cut slabs into firewood with a PTO driven buzzsaw.  Mine has a guard that lifts as you push the table into the blade.   I set it up, drive a stake in the ground to set my length and saw.  As long as I cut my slabs to 4' or so it makes quick work of a pile of slabs.  It just isn't as fast as cutting a pile of slabs with a 30" bar on the chainsaw.  I can pick up a pile of slabs up with the grapple forks on the wheel loader and saw through with the chainsaw, the cut slabs land in the bed of the truck.   With the buzz saw, the cut slabs have to be loaded with the firewood conveyor or by hand.  The chainsaw is much faster and I would suggest much safer.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!