iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Only 21 F here at 4:30'ish. Everything still looks nice and frozen solid out there. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SawyerBrown

Weather man says -20F here tonight, with winds out of the N at 20-25 MPH. Hasn't been this cold in decades, could set a record.

I wish you guys up north would keep your cold air to yourselves!!   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

thecfarm

That sun went down and we lost a few degrees,fast, I can feel the moisture in the air. Kinda of a raw feeling.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ancjr

36F and raining here.  Got a ways to go before we get to -11F and the 6-10" of snow predicted.

clww

We had a high of 63 degrees here at The Beach today. Crazy for January, even here! Raining now and into Monday afternoon. High tomorrow is supposed to be 45.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

The glaciers are forming, even in Georgia  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

WDH,sorry to hear about the temps. And out in the mid west too. That is not good. We may have the snow,but the cold we just went through was a liitle early for us. I hope in 2-3 weeks it won't be back. The temps looks good for a week.
Made the trip out to feed the OWB and deer and 26° out and a light rain. Temps are suppose to raise to above freezing through the night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I brought more wood up today.  It's forecast to get into the teens tonight and close to single digit tomorrow night.  That is low for us.  Thankfully the moisture passed through before the cold got here.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

24F here, got a ways to go to reach mid 40's. ;D I don't think it has done anything much here yet, nothing on the window ledge.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ancjr

-2F and falling, 3" snow and 20 mph wind.  The snow isn't bad, but the sheet of ice under it is.

red oaks lumber

minus 32 deg. f nw winds 20 mph windchill minus 60 deg. f. i went to get the paper, wow this stuff hurts!! suppose to last thru wed. :(
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

chain

Ice should be coming down the big river soon. Commercial fishermen sometimes look forward to ice flows in the Ms. river. They say the flows move the catfish in to warmer water off channel & behind the dikes. Winter cat are very good to eat when winterized.

Cedarman

Winterized catfish.  Who puts the antifreeze in them?

We worked Sat and shut down today and tomorrow.  Those that want to make up hours can work over or next Sat.
-4 now and some wind.  Water running at mill.  All lines good to the drying room and break room, stove full of wood.  Car nice and warm.
I am good to go to town.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

We had 46°F this morning when we got up!

Unreal.  :-\

Raining, high winds, and the forcast is for snow later on!

The rain and wind are taking the Ice off of the roofs and freeing up some of the frozen down trees!  :)

Sanders are out, working double overtime and sanding heavy, suspect freezing rain before the snow tonight.

We're supposed to get up to 3 inches possible!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Alcranb

56* now. Two days ago it was -11* which is wayyy below normal for us. Back to single digit highs tomorrow. Go figure ::)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Farmerjw

-15F with -41F windchill.  Dang gone it was cold out doing chores!  All livestock hunkered in out of the wind.  Knee deep snow on the level, hip deep on the East side of anything, fence posts, gates, truck, house, barns, you get the idea. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

SwampDonkey

36F and rising and rain and wind. The main road is glib ice. That should be interesting when it solidifies and no sand.  ::)

goose63

15 below wind chill 45 below high to day schools closed state wide tomorrow bought the same but a high of 30 above Friday
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

goose63 that is cold.
Raining here now and 34°.

clww

Another day when it's too muddy to work. ::) Windy, raining, and 64 degrees here at The Beach now. Later this afternoon the bottom is going to fall out with the low tonight predicted to be 14 degrees. Coldest temperatures here since 1994.
:new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Dave Shepard

44° now and raining. What little snow there was, is pretty well gone now.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

SwampDonkey

Power flickered a little earlier, but was not lost. I took the opportunity to do my mid winter flu brushing and monthly stove pipe cleaning. Good to go with a small fire on.

Time for some turkey stew and home made bread. ;D

thecfarm

I have 2 big oak trees just about 25 feet from where I am typing this. The snow and ice  is comming off the trees. What a noise. No softwood trees close by.

thecfarm

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2014, 11:27:59 AM
goose63 that is cold.
Raining here now and 34°.

Still raining but 45° now. Just about an hour ago it was 36. Suppose to drop as fast too.

SwampDonkey

Jeff, can I swear!!??  :D :D The neighbors have the whole dam area under a cloud of blue smoke from that outdoor wood burning contraption. And  the wind is blowing it all my way. I'll soon be a smoked ham. Lord love us!! Ah, the joys of green wood. It is green to, they been cutting it off the stump as needed.  :-X >:( Where's the EPA now?

Thank You Sponsors!