iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to Fire-Up the Chainsaws and Sawmills in Michigan

Started by DR_Buck, December 24, 2007, 09:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

I understand from the news today that really high winds are bring down trees all over Michigan.    :o  :(    Do like us when we had the hurricane come through here a few years back, look at it as "OPPORTUNITY"   :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Furby

Yeah, the wind took my canoe and blew it off of where I had it.
Have a bad feeling it's wrecked. :-\
I would have moved it, but it was fine through the heavy winds this fall, so I didn't see any reason to. ::)

Billboards a couple miles West of here were stripped bare and we set a record for wind speed.
No calls about downed trees though, and the ones on the news were pretty small.

SwampDonkey

We have wind here, but nothing out of the ordinary. The snow dropped about 5 inches over night. I don't recall having much rain here, must have been the mild wind. There is not water running off the fields or puddles. I looked outside at around midnight and it wasn't raining then and it had only been spitting in the early evening. Mother said it rained hard in Woodstock and was raining when I talked to her around 8 this morning. By then it had begun to freeze here and was clearing. Now it is sunny skies.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hi-Country Orange

there were winds in Park county Colorado Sat. nite clocked over 100mph  :D :o

logwalker

If the ground is frozen they probably will stay standing or just snap. How long is this storm going to last? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Furby

Storm is done.
We had a big thaw that left a muddy mess just before the storm.
It was in the 40's on Satuday.
In fact, my thermo is still reading 40°. ::)
Must be frozen in place. :-\

thecfarm

Started raining here around 8PM.Don't know when it stopped,early morning sometime.We did get some strong wind,but no trees down that I saw.We lost some snow.Fog came in yesterday and stayed all day.Suppose to be just above freezing all week.Much better than the single temps we had.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jackpine

We had temp's in the 30's Friday and Sat. with some light rain. Helped settle the snow we had on the ground. Sat. night about 8 p.m. turned to snow and from then untill some time last night we ended up with 14" of snow, driven by winds gusting to 40 mph. Cleared the main driveway yesterday a.m. only to have it drift back full so gave up. Got everything cleaned out now, sun is shining, life is good.

Bill

isawlogs

It started to rain here yesterday around 6:30 and stopped sometime around midnight , well it did rain some in the afternoon .. but only bits here and there . It snowed some around 1:30 this morning and stopped only enough to cover and stick to the ice , this after noon we got a little over an inche of snow , now its snowin again ....
  We did get some wind last night ...  but nothing to right home about .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!