iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying Pine 2"×4"s in my KD150

Started by woodweasel, July 06, 2021, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodweasel

I'm going to be drying some pine 2 x4"s in my KD150. I am noticing some mold on them setting around in my shop prior to drying in the kiln.Can I spray them with Bora care prior to going in the kiln? It's kind of pricey so I didn't want to waste it. I had the KD in a not so good chamber and I'm starting all over again trying to get things right from the ground up because my previous results were terrible.

K-Guy

If you can't put it in the kiln get fans blowing through the stickered pile to get the surface moisture of it. That will prevent mold and blue stain.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WDH

As long as you don't overload the kiln and you set the dry bulb and the wet bulb so that the compressor runs 100% of the time, the mold will be killed by the drying and you do not need to spray the lumber. In my L53 (which I believe is the same as the WM KD150), from green or air dried pine, I set the dry bulb at 120° and the wet bulb at 75° with a load of 400 bf and let her rip. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!