iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where is Gene WENGERT- wooddoc

Started by GeneWengert-WoodDoc, June 14, 2023, 09:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

Best wishes for recovery Gene.  Stay strong.  Keep winning.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

caveman

Doctor Gene, I hate to read that you are going through this.  I hope and pray that you continue to win the fight.  I found out a day or so ago that a good friend, mentor and basically a father figure is having a similar struggle.  Please check in when you feel able and realize that many here appreciate your contributions and are pulling for you.  
Caveman

nativewolf

We greatly enjoyed speaking with you this winter and hate to hear of the battle with cancer.  As a 2 time cancer survivor all I can say is fight, fight, fight.
Liking Walnut

123maxbars

Trust in the lord, hoping for a full recovery. 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

jpassardi

Sadly, cancer effects so many. You're in my prayers as well.
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Cedarman

Praying for You Gene.  Think white oak.  They are strong.  Will take a good bend.
Post a note when you get a chance.  We love hearing what you have to say except this C news.
Richard
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

kelLOGg

Thanks for acknowledging that for us. It can be hard to talk about rough things. Glad you're winning.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

chet

Glad to hear your winning the battle Gene, hang tuff my friend. My little sister fought that terrible battle, and so far she has won. Going on three years now cancer free.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

doc henderson

Just thinking about you and wishing you well!  @GeneWengert-WoodDoc 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

Gene hasn't logged in since the day he said something about his issue. Hope and pray he is doing well. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I just spoke with Dr. Gene on the phone and he sounded quite well.  

He is taking chemo every two weeks, sometime not too much negative reaction and then sometime more.  He spends much time sleeping and his wife is doing a good job of taking care of him.

We had a very nice visit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Thanks for the check-in and update MM. 

Chemo can be pretty brutal as the drugs are basically toxic, and they just hope the doses are more toxic to the cancer than the patient.  :-\  But can really make the patient feel like crap. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

scsmith42

Lynn, thanks much for the update.  I've been wondering how Gene was doing and pray that he beats it.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Magicman

Dr. Gene and I when he made a visit to the Cabin shortly after I finished the Addition Project.  He and I made a tour of my Vineyard Property while PatD prepared the evening meal for us.  It was a special treat having him visit.

LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CCCLLC

Thank you MM for making contact  with him and the update. Gene is in our  prayers for recovery. 

doc henderson

Dr. Wengert and I at the sawing project about 5 years ago.

red

Thinking of Dr Gene hope all is well
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

doc henderson

Yes, I was hoping he was giving an update.

doc henderson

i did text with him and he is OK.  I told him he was missed and thought of, and suggested someday when he has the energy, to give us a shout out!

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

11 chemo treatments since June 2023.  The most recent CT scan showed that tumors have shrunk 20% and some smaller ones are no longer visible.  I am feeling very good and quite active outside..  
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

Good to hear that you are outside!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!