iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter is here.

Started by TexasTimbers, October 22, 2007, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

55 degrees. Wet. Cold. Raining. Cold. Humid. Cold. Moist. Cold feet. Depression. Cold.

Red has the same opinion of this weather as I do.

I am supposed to be building pallets but I just woke up from a powernap on the shop couch myself. It's cozy underneath that fluffy down blanket. Work is over-rated especially when it is a monsoon out there. Did I mention it is freezing cold ???

I can just hear some wiseguy right now is gonna say something like "That ain't cold it is 25 here!" Well, it's the same thing. A 80 foot wave will capsize a boat same as a 100 foot wave. Cold is cold. But on top of it we gotta have all this nasty rain. COLD rain.
Just look at this mess . . . . .

Just yesterday were out there sawing mesquite in perfect weather . . . . If anyone comes around looking for me tell 'em I am at WalMart buyin a basket full of chinese socks. ::) When I get back I'll piut on a pot of coffee. y'all come one over. Talk is cheap and the coffee is free. BYOS. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

BBK

41 days without rain.  :'( Temp in the 80's daytime, in the 60's at night.

Wish I could be wet and cold for a day or two. :-\ ;D
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Sprucegum

It gets pretty cold here sometimes - then some smart aleck sez "But its a DRY COLD"  That's when ya hit'em with a frozen mitt  ;D

fuzzybear

It's been a cool -10 here for about a month.  Looking forward to December when it hits a nice -45 to -50. Then I will hibernate for about 2 months. ;D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

leweee

:D  here comes the smart alikes.  :D

Feeling warmer now Kevin?

Go for the wool socks..... the higher the wool content the better. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: leweee on October 22, 2007, 01:28:53 PM
Feeling warmer now Kevin?
No! Makes me cold just looking at it.

Wool socks make my feet sweat. Then the sweat freezes. Vicous cycle. Seems like we were just discussing this. Where did the year go.

sawdust

I love this season, bugs got froze out the sun is shining and still t-shirt weather... Just barely. 50f

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

leweee

;D   then get a bucket of wool socks and change them often.   ;D  Dry socks= Warm feet. 8)

I'd be there for the coffee....but it's a long walk.
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

beenthere

Thin silk sock inside wool socks is the best combination for me, if I'm out in the below 0°F weather.

My feet sweat a lot, and this was the best combination to handle it, given that I had the Gore-tex Danner boots on.. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Ya ever try panty hose? :D ;D :D ;D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Quote from: Larry on October 22, 2007, 02:14:04 PM
Ya ever try panty hose? :D ;D :D ;D

For what ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ???

:D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ronwood

Larry we are beginning to wonderrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Larry

To keep your feet warm...what else would you use em for? ;D :D ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Furby

Gee Kev, it's a cool 70° here right now, was warmer yesterday though. ::)

SwampDonkey

76 here in the shade, 88 in the hot sun.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Quote from: sawdust on October 22, 2007, 01:50:20 PM

I love this season, bugs got froze out the sun is shining and still t-shirt weather... Just barely. 50f

sawdust

Nothing wrong with that in Alberta this time of year.  8) The cold will come soon enough.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

No winter here yet, 80's during the day, 60's at night. No killin frost yet either, only two little wimpy frosts. :o My neighbor, who turned 91 last week, says this is the latest he has ever seen it without a frost.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

RaisedByWolves

Not only have we not had a frost yet, but the leaves are still green on the oaks.

I reseaded 1.5 acres of lawn in september and I need to fretilaize it SOON!

Cant do it till the leaves get picked up or Ill suck up all the fert. >:(

Warbird

It got down below 0°F last night for the first time this winter.  Actually had to turn on the boiler this morning.  :(

SwampDonkey

That's cold! I don't want to see that 'til mid January.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I don't want to see below 0 at all.But we need it to keep away the bad snakes, bugs and tourist.Temps have been very warm here too.The guys who deer hunt will have to be careful with thier deer.I can remember when we use to hang the deer in our front yard years ago.Now you can't due to the warm temps and the people that might steal it.I'm thinking about about growing some 120 days tomatoes next year.I might even get a fall garden going.My Father wouldn't know what to think.We did get a frost 2 nights in a row.But I could of covered things up if there was anything to save.Everything has died back.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Larry on October 22, 2007, 02:33:28 PM
To keep your feet warm...what else would you use em for? ;D :D ;D

Scuba Divers in the know, know that wearing them makes it alot easier to don your wetsuit, and especially get out of it! The general rule is after you get your suit off, you are supposed to take the pany hose off fairly soon, but some of us guys like the way feel and don't want forget to take them off. :o ::)

SwampDonkey

You mean your mother never insisted you wore leotards when waiting to go to school on the school bus in the winter months?  ::) ::) :-X

TexasTimbers

Those derned weathermen. Or maybe it's weatherwomen cause whoever is makin the forecasts sure be fickle.  :o

Does your forecasts change alot ??? Just afew days ago they said cold wet weather for the entire week - now i click my favorites forecast and they all like THIS!

I ain't complaing a bit! Especially all the wind today we're having today it will dry out the muddy ground and I can crank up the saw as early as tomorrow.  8)

But it makes me wonder if anyone has noticed that they change the forecast on a regular basis during certain times of the year? i have noticed it before. Every state has the claim "If you don't like our weather in so and so just wait a few minutes it will change".

sandman2234

The forcast for yesterday was supposed to be 90 degrees, but I think they missed it by a degree or so, as the cloud cover came in earlier than they thought it would.
   David from jax

Thank You Sponsors!