iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Earl

Started by Bro. Noble, September 02, 2010, 10:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well, I ain't saying it's over but we got 4/10" rain and it has all come to a halt. No wind either.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

Tropical Storm Earl moved to the east of Yarmouth over night it's about 67 miles from here and heading up the south shore of Nova Scotia.

Good for us .....Bad for them.

It is raining and blowing around 30 mph.

So far not to bad.

Link to a site that follows Alantic storms http://www.stormpulse.com/fullscreen/current

SwampDonkey

We have an inch now of rain, pretty calm for wind. Nice steady rain now, for awhile it was off and on.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

StephenRice

For what it is worth, I was mowing grass with my rider and BBQ'ing on my back porch when Hurricane Dennis rolled over the other side of Pensacola here.  A few miles can make a lot of difference in damage.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

SwampDonkey

Sun's shining now, 1-4/10" rain altogether. NW breeze, 68 F. ;D Back to normal temps. ;)

Ron Wenrich

We didn't even get a spritz when the front came through.  No rain in sight for at least a week.  Gonna be an early fall.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Chuck White

We got a lot of rain and wind yesterday.

Today, cool, right now it's 54°. 

This is good sawing weather too, but my current customer is off for the LD weekend!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RSteiner

We got three drops of rain from Earl :(  We really need rain, I have never seen it so dry for so long.  Already a lot of the trees are dropping their leaves or they are turning yellow and brown.

Early Saturday morning I made the 2 hour drive to the coast, got there about 7:00am and enjoyed some of the best surfing in two years.  We had 6 - 8 foot waves with an occasional 9 -10 footer.   8)

Randy
Randy

kenkayak

Here is Maine we got some much needed rain but otherwise the Duke of Earl[title given the storm by local radio]was a dud.

StephenRice

Well, I am just am glad and praise God that nobody got hurt or had their property destroyed.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

SwampDonkey

We actually had a stronger breeze on Sunday during sunny skies and cooling off.

Thank You Sponsors!