iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used Kubota wheels????

Started by shinnlinger, September 06, 2010, 12:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hi, 

The front wheels on my '85 Kubota L2850 are getting rusty and now chafe the tubes so they don't last very long.  Tried some wire brush action but might be time for some new wheels. 

I am sure New Kubota wheels are way more than I want to pay.  Does anyone know if there is a generic steel replacement or a place to buy used wheels?

they are 7-16 ag tires with 6 on about 6 and 3-32nds bolt pattern.  Part number is L8801.

Thanks.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

RSteiner

I have a Kubota that is a little newer and the rims are made by Titan International.  They have a website with a dealer locater for your area, you might find their prices better or maybe they can cross reference them.

Randy
Randy

pineywoods

There is a place in chattanooga tn that will sell you new rims for most tractors with foam filled aircraft tires mounted. No flats, can't wear them out.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

shinnlinger

Think they make an ag tread aircraft tire?????
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ironwood

I think Gempler's custom ordered rims for my Gator for me. I dont remember the contact w/ Gempler's but call them and you should be directed to the guy.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

RSteiner

I have heard very good things about this dealer and their ability to help people get what they need.  Give them a call.

www.messicks.com/

I am sure they can get you replacement rims and may be able to tell you where to look for used rims. 

Randy
Randy

Stan snider

If the rims are still solid they could be sandblasted then painted. You can make a leaker out of tubeless wheels with too big of grit and high pressure though. A siphon feed blaster wwill do the jab pretty quick for a DIY fix. Stan

Dana

I believe Titan has been purchased by Good Year. They still go under the Titan name.

As was mentioned the rims can be sandblasted, primed and painted.

My 70 Ford was chaffing a hole in the tube this summer. I suspected a rusty rim and cleaned it up several times with a wire brush. The tube would continue to get a new leak. What I found was that the side walls of the tire had slightly deteriorated and were wearing into the tube each time the wheel turned. A new tire took care of the problem.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!