iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

F.F. pavilion build.

Started by Jeff, June 05, 2020, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

I really like the hinges!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

I really like dat crazy house.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

This crooked shed is like my own little mystery spot. Michiganders mostly know what that is. A crooked building built on a hill where all kinds of optical dimensional illusions occur. Tourist trap. In the shed, when you look in at the back brace and shelf, they look way crooked, but they are absolutely parallel with the floor.  I looked in there and asked myself outloud how i could have screwed that up. A shelf has to be straight. Well, they are. I measured repeatedly. Just an optical illusion created from the other angles.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

The crooked shed is completed and moved to it's location. I put a coat of water seal on it yesterday, and moved it today and put it into service. 

doc henderson

that looks great and add lots of interest to your place.   
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

Looking good + all the yard tools in the crooked shed 👍

stanwelch

Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

Another finishing touch to the crooked shed. I found a window latch that came from Tammy Williams Brokaw's Grampa Cliffs garage to use for a door latch.

Crooked shed door latch. - YouTube

Finding 4 appropriate screws

Walnut Beast

Nice touch on the matching hinges, latch and matching screws. Nice video 

doc henderson

those hardware components are killer.  are they bronze or brass with patina?

Jeff

Jeff

Honestly, I don't know. 

doc henderson

looks like a little green showing through.  they must be the real deal, and look perfect.  looks like the shack the grampa lived in, in Chitty chitty bang bang!

Jeff

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

A little via the open windows. :)

Magicman

No runs, no drips, no errors so it is a complete success.  That Redwood topped frig addition is smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

During planning for the pavillion I think @Furby brought up a board roof. I scanned some pics out of a book and emailed them to Jeff for ideas. Last night while cruising the net I came across a good set of similar pics and one of how those roofs were constructed that I couldn't lay my hands on. You can hit google translate for a bad translation but good enough to understand.
https://www.charmingrussia.ru/2013/10/blog-post_21.html

Aside, twice I've come across translation that from slavic "tes" is an axe smoothed board, "tesla" is either the axe or the axeman, haven't figured that out yet. Nicola Tesla was from that region, how about that woodbutchers  :)

samandothers

Shocking! Electrifying! Hard to top it. I'll cut it off there.

Jeff

More finishing touches. New recycled tire no dig border, expanded to cover the area that would never grow grass, and to the gate leading to our neighbor friends. I think it looks finished now.

thecfarm

Must be pudding rocks in front of the posts?
Look's good. Mighty good!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Yup, puddingstones. I love love love using 6a drainstone. We live on a glacial till and stone from this area has all kinds of stuff in it. Tammy and Jeremy got me a rock tumbler from harbor freight on my birthday to polish some of the stones I pick out. Here are some of the first batch about half done. It takes about a month.

Magicman

Jeremy's "grunt" work looks good and was a nice anniversary gift.  :)

Those stones are beautiful and I even picked out a favorite.  ;D

Jeff

doc henderson

I knew you liked "rock" and roll, I had no idea you were a "stoner"!   :o  :D  :)

Thank You Sponsors!