iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Santa Carvings

Started by shopteacher, December 31, 2003, 05:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

Haven't had much time for carving this year, but did manage to do a couple Santas.  The one hanging was a present for my mother ( who's in her 80s and there nothing in the world she wants or needs).  I think as you age the gifts that are more personal take on much more meaning. Her face really lights up when she sees a new carving and that's my Christmas present to myself.

This next picture is a windchime I built Christmas eve for my wife. Talk about last minute......

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Linda

Nice work!  I always thought it would be fun to try and carve something.

I have been working on chess pieces for a chess/checker board I made last year.  I can turn all the pieces on the lathe, except the knights.  Maybe I could try to carve a horses head.  :-/

Linda  :)
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

shopteacher

Hi Linda,
     I'm sure you could carve a horses head.  First get yourself a good carving knife, about 19.00 from Flexcut.  Then get a beginners carving book and follow the illustrations. After a piece or two I'll bet you'll be amazed at what you can do.  Most of all do it for the enjoyment and self satisfaction that will come along with it.  Always remember it's your carving and it what ever you want it to be. Happy carving and Happy New Year.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Gus

That's real nice work Teach.
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Patty

Great work shopteacher!
Where were teachers like you when I was in school?!  I remember only one of my teachers actually seemed to enjoy her job, I learned more from her than all the others combined, and I am forever grateful to her.
You will be a fond memory to these kids forever, for that you can be very proud.
Keep up the good work, teacher!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!