iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made with Love

Started by Traci, December 15, 2019, 06:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traci

Five hours yesterday and 5 hours today cooking, baking and prepping for Christmas. 2 loaves of French bread, 2 loaves of white bread (for dressing), cinnamon butter, almond butter, 6 doz cutouts, 4 pumpkin rolls, 2 doz red velvet crinkle cookies, and alfredo sauce. I am whooped! All the time and energy spent making from scratch makes it all worth it though when the belly's are full and there are smiles on faces. 
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

Roxie

What are these red velvet crinkle cookies that you speak of, and can you share the recipe?
Say when

samandothers

sawguy21

Pictures? Without pictures it didn't happen! :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Traci

I will have to remember to take a pic next time, everything is wrapped in foil, put in freezer bags and in a deep freeze except french bread and butter...husband and son already ate 2 braided loaves.

Crinkle cookies were my cheat easy bake.

One batch is:
One box of red velvet cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup veg oil
Powdered sugar.

Preheat oven 375

Mix cake mix, eggs, oil. Roll into golf ball size balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.

Next time I will make red velvet sandwich cookies with Rachels cookie filling, powdered sugar and a little water.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

Thank You Sponsors!