iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Family

Started by sawguy21, June 09, 2013, 11:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Karen's mom passed in January, the family got together today for a celebration of her life at our place. First time the cousins had been together in years, their kids didn't know each other. It was great, no tears but a lot of memories and more than a few laughs. I never had a good relationship with her, she was the devil on wheels to deal with in her last years. Still I am glad we did it, her family are really good people and that is who it is for.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Good for you, family is family.

Magicman

Get togethers are good for whatever the reason.  Maybe they will continue the tradition and do it every year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Amen, family is the root of all of us, I miss seeing many of my cousin's, aunts and uncles,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

Family is important.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

That sounds a lot like the reunion we had that served as a memorial service for my Dad.  Unfortunately, there are some relatives we never see unless someone is dead(and there are groceries  :D )  Whatever the case, it never hurts to say some kind words about the deceased.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!