iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

air bubbles coming out of injector pump

Started by Tom King, August 30, 2020, 08:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

This is the general idea to the bosch style, ive seen plastic and stainless screen versions.  Ive not worked on CAV pumps but i think theyre similar to stanadyne which ive never seen run a screen. 

Praise The Lord

Tom King

Did not find a screen.  The whole bottom of the injector pump body is a fuel reservoir.  The bottom seals to the base on the block.  As soon as we took that off, the problem was obvious.  The gasket there was about the worst looking gasket I've ever seen anywhere.  I don't know why it wasn't leaking fuel out, but it had to be letting air in.

The kit came with that gasket.  We put that new one in, and it cranked, and ran like a new one.  Not sure if we'll rebuild the whole pump now.  We're way behind on what we need to cut with that tractor.  It keeps a 15' batwing behind it, all the time.

Many Thanks for all the help here.  I've never worked on a diesel fuel system before, so all the advice got me thinking in the right direction.

moodnacreek

Good for you. Next time you change the fuel filter, fill it with sea foam when you put it on. So many pumps get rebuilt weather they need it or not.

Logger RK

A friend of mine has a similar tractor. He told he runs his with the fuel cap a little loose or it stalls out & has to reprime it. We figure the tank vent is plugged. 

Thank You Sponsors!