The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: 610c tigercat  (Read 682 times)

Offline Justalogger

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
610c tigercat
« on: November 19, 2022, 07:19:08 PM »
This is still a new to me skidder only have ran it somewhere between 100-200 hours. So finding info in the dash mounted screen Iím still learningÖ Anyways itís been fine till yesterday everything works like it should but it will only go about 3-4 mph both forward and in reverse basically seems like the speed control dial is turned all the way down on the turtle the machine has no response when turning the dial from turtle to rabbit. The computer screen shows itís communicating though as it shows it go from 0-100 as I turn the knob.. now after messing with it some more I found that the drive motor shows 0 rpm at all times.. Iíve never had the cab over but Iím just wondering if someone has experienced this and what I should be looking for. Iím thinking maybe the speed sensor that apparently on top of drive motor. Also it says charge filter 100% does that mean itís still got 100% life left or is 100% used up and needs replaced thanks

Offline kiko

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: 610c tigercat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 09:50:29 PM »
You are correct, there is an issue with with the drive motor speed sensor circuit.  When the xt module does not recieve input from the drive motor speed sensor the machine will stay in the lowest speed .  The original speed sensor will have three wires or  replacement sensor with one wire.  The signal wire will be grounded though two 5.1 ohm resistors to absorb reflections within the frequency  signal. These are resistors are usually located in a power distribution box in the engine compartment.  They will be blue and look similar to a fuse.  Make sure the the terminals are clean for these resistors .  If you have the three wire sensor , you must have system voltage and ground to speed sensor.  Also check the main fuses , look for one marked sensor fuse 

Offline Justalogger

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 12:49:14 PM »
Thanks Kiko.. yes I found the blue resistors in the fuse box in engine compartment there was 2 speed sensors resistors in there. I will get a new speed sensor ordered first thing Monday and hope thatís what she needs.. 

Offline kiko

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
It's been a while since I have purchased one of those speed sensors . The three wire sensor used to be about 800 bucks.  In my experience more often than that not it is a wiring issue.  The circuit is easy to check.  Those resistors are wired in series to produce around 10 ohms resistance. The sensor will have a  pig tail, you can unplug that and check the signal  wire to the resistors (yellow wire iirc)ohm and load test.   If you end up replacing the speed sensor gap to tone wheel is critical.  To far away and it won't read, to far in and sensor and drive motor damage can occur.  Acquiring a wiring schematic for your machine would be most helpful.  Tigercats seem to have a lot of wiring issues.

Offline Justalogger

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 05:13:43 PM »
Speed sensor it was sheís back up and going. Thanks kiko.. It also already had the new style 2 wire speed sensor it was $239.00 so not to badÖ 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Tigercat 610c hot hydraulics

Started by Justalogger on Forestry and Logging

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2022, 06:59:50 PM
by Justalogger
xx
BIG TIGERCAT

Started by dogone on Forestry and Logging

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2022, 08:37:56 PM
by dogone