First 10 hours hm130max with trailer

Started by Nealm66, November 22, 2022, 10:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nealm66

Thought I should share my experience in case anyone might be interested. Assembly was tough by myself and definitely helped having a tractor. The winch works really good and also the lap siding is awesome although I should have installed it at first assembly. For me the manual was difficult to follow but got the job done. I also really like the new pv boards and like having 2 and also the toeboard works great. The flat side of large logs can get stuck on the log stops when you're trying to roll using the winch so it helps to stick a taller board against it. I also have found the log wizard extremely helpful for keeping the blades sharp. Definitely helps to have electric start for larger logs as well as the pull cords out of reach if it's raised. The quick log clamps took a while for me but once I realized the tightener needed to be facing a certain way that helped. Also going below and then raising the head to the mark seems to keep it from sagging. Hope this helps someone 

thecfarm

Log stops. I see they go straight up and down. 
I put marks on mine, 4-6-8-10 inches. 4 inches is really 3 inches, 6 is 5 inches and so on. Takes the guess work or wondering if I will miss the stops. Set the head for 6 inches and the stops at 6 and I know I have an inch to spare.
This really helps cutting flitches. I can support-hold them better.
Have fun sawing!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nealm66

Yes, that's an excellent idea. I'm also going to make a few permanent marks on the ruler arm. I've got a lot to saw so I'll add as I go, anything I notice that I haven't heard already on the internet that might be useful or helpful 

trimguy

If you slide some longer PVC pipe over your log stops then you won't have to worry about the board falling out when you're trying to roll the log.

Nealm66

I've seen that in a YouTube video but concerned it might not be strong? Some of the logs I'll be milling will be max or close and the flat will be riding quite a bit higher than the stop. I cheated and used the tractor on the last one but the board worked just fine when I used the winch and only needed it to stay in place for the flip. 

KWH

Quote from: trimguy on November 23, 2022, 09:48:46 AM
If you slide some longer PVC pipe over your log stops then you won't have to worry about the board falling out when you're trying to roll the log.
If a recall correctly their call magic sticks.

btulloh

Making a couple with a pair of roller bearings at the top like Woodmizers, etc. is a nice quick update. Just make sure the bearing surface is in the same plane as the face of the stops. 
HM126