iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Portable diesel heater

Started by Bruno of NH, December 28, 2022, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

This is the portable diesel heater I got to pre heat Big Bob overnight for easier starting. 
It's all self contained and the parts will fit back in the box.
I'm going to tarp the motor area and run this overnight. 
It has a remote 
I might just start it when I get up in the morning and see if that works.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

That is a nice unit. How long does a tank last? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

aigheadish

I didn't know such things existed until this morning, over on the Heavy Equipment Forums, now here is the 2nd one I've seen today. Interesting how info works sometimes. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

barbender

I've been looking at that one, and see they also make a hot water model as well. Pretty much like the Webasto heaters I'm familiar with from the Ponsse equipment, but for $329 vs probably $2000. Probably not much parts support is the only problem.
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sawguy21

I am familiar with diesel heaters but have never seen one as compact as that. How many btu's?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

melezefarmer

Nice compact unit. I've been looking to get one for the sawmill shed. Their website indicates that is generates 5KW so I guess that's around 17k BTUs.

thanks for sharing.

barbender

If I actually used my skidder more, I would certainly install one of the water heaters on it. They are programmable, so you can set it for say 6:00 amn and the machine is warm when you arrive at 7:00.
Too many irons in the fire

tule peak timber

Nice looking unit. We are all interested in your review!
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bruno of NH

Quote from: tule peak timber on December 28, 2022, 12:24:54 PM
Nice looking unit. We are all interested in your review!
I have one similar running in my sawmill both for 5 weeks 
It works great and sips fuel 
No smell and keeps it warm 
I'm sold on them

Resonator

Like Barbender said, it's basically a copy of the Webasto heaters used trucks. We had them in the sleepers because they wouldn't allow the trucks to idle all night. Big thing was the ignition elements would get dirty, (soot I think) and foul. Some could be cleaned to keep working, others they replaced the element. Also had to keep the end of that little flex exhaust pipe unobstructed. I've read some can run on kerosene, and will stay cleaner longer.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

21incher

I recently put one in my side by side and it works great. It's a cheap Chinese one but no problems yet. Here is a video that basically shows it cobbed together.  Second video shows the through hull exhaust after I made the rear window at the end.  Just have to finish making doors.
Vevor 8kw Diesel Heater First Look And Mounting It In My Kubota Gizmo 850 - YouTube
Making A Lexan Rear Window For Gizmo - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

charles mann

Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

woodroe

Been watching some youtube videos on people's experiences
using these diesel heaters in shops and garages.
Seems like a good clean and cheap source of heat .
And for $150 bucks for the chinese brands hard to go wrong.
Had a woodstove in my garage but took it out for fear
of the insurance police.
Using a 35 btu kerosene torpedo heater now
and it requires some ventilation and stinks on startups .
People mostly complain about the directions and owners manual on
the chinese brand but other than that everyone swears by them even
after 4-5 years use.
Wondering if I could put one in my basement also as a backup source of heat. ?
Looking at the 8kw Vevor
models
VEVOR Diesel Air Heater All-in-one 12V 8KW LCD Remote Control for Car RV Indoors | VEVOR US
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

sawguy21

Make sure you have adequate fresh air supply and vent it outside. I wouldn't do it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bruno of NH

I have the vevor 8kw in my sawmill booth and spend 8hrs to 10hrs a day in there.
I have a co2 monitor and have never had an issue.
I have the fresh air intake on one side and the exhaust on the other.
They put out alot of hear for a small unit.

Walnut Beast

That looks like a similar unit I seen mounted in the back bed with hose piping in the cab of of a 6 seater Polaris with a cab parked outside a bar in a small town awhile back.

Thank You Sponsors!