iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Name this pump maybe?

Started by chester_tree _farmah, May 03, 2015, 06:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester_tree _farmah

Does anyone recognize this pump? There are no numbers to be found inside or out. I've had it apart so I know. Gears look good but thrust plates are warn. Probably have to just replace it but I thought I would look at parts first if possible.  Thx.

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

tantoy

Cant help there, mine is bolted to the rear of the engine. Yours not making pressure , or just leaking too much?

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

bushmechanic

I would just replace the pump and be done with it. Getting parts will just prolong what your going to have to do anyway.

ga jones

Most likely a Webster on a tree farmer. Not serviceable. Replace it. Davco has them on the shelf.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

loggah

Can the thrust plates be reversed? sometime they can be flipped from side to side? looks like an old hydroco to me.Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Woodhauler

email a picture to complete hydralics in plymouth maine , they can set you straight ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

treeslayer2003

Quote from: loggah on May 04, 2015, 06:23:05 PM
Can the thrust plates be reversed? sometime they can be flipped from side to side? looks like an old hydroco to me.Don
iv seen some hydreco, same thing? thats whats on my two clarks but look a little different.
i'd say any same size pump the same mount and shaft should work.

chester_tree _farmah

Thanks guys.

Yes the issue is leakage. I replaced the orings on the input shaft but still leaks. The shaft is slightly grooved were the orings ride on it. Which can be easily fixed.

Good idea wood hauler I think may do that.

Hi Don. I was thinking the same thing but the outside of the plates have slots for short little pieces of rubber material. Some kind of thrust bushing I think designed to keep the plates tight against the gears as the plate wear. Some were missing so I replaced those with short pieces I cut from an oring.

It is actually a little stronger and smoother just from taking it apart, cleaning and replacing what I did. The plates are pretty scored though.

I will probably end up replacing it but figured if I could find plates at a good price it would last till I am too wore out myself to even run it. :)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Maine logger88

You could also try motion industries in union too
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lumberjack48

I worked on few pumps on Treefarmers, never seen one like that one.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

treeslayer2003

possible it has been replaced before

chester_tree _farmah

Yes - it isn't the original.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Corley5

I got a replacement pump for my C4 forwarder from Surplus Center.  Figured out the pump displacement with their calculators and then matched up the splines and mount pattern.  It was much cheaper than sourcing one through a local hydraulic shop.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chester_tree _farmah

I hear u. I used them for my backhoe I built. Totally lucked out on my valve assemblies. So ridiculous u would have to be well off not to buy it.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

gjersy

I found it's usually about the same $ to replace old gear pumps then rebuild. And after keeping one on to long, it self destructed and the impellers wore and sent metal threw my system plugging valves up for days, even after replacing/filtering hydraulic fluid. It was more expensive than if i just replaced it. The i.d. tag must of fell off, that seems to happen a lot, i just had that happen. A good hyd shop, parts book or someone here with the same machine should figure out what pump you need. Good luck.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

chester_tree _farmah

Wow. That must have been a bummer! Yes - replacing it with new is no problem and probably what I will do at this point.  Thanks!
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!