iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Expo

Started by Kevin, February 05, 2006, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yup, I'll say.  8) 8) 8)

My experience with ordering stuff around here from places is they never bother. I guess they figure your not serious when you come in looking for a part.  If they ain't got it in the isle, you ain't gettin it. Canadian Tire is the worst, the largest hardware store in Canada and it takes several weeks to get stuff. Kent Home isn't far behind, only they have 15 staff standing around talking and don't offer to help customers.  ::) Stewarts is the best for ordering stuff, I can have it within 3 days.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dana

Kevin so you were the guy with the hat and jacket at the vermier display early Sunday afternoon.  :) You were busy talking so we walked up and down a few the rows came back and you were still talking. ;D So, we went into the ice arena side and of course when we got back you were gone. Couldn't find the trail of  Coke cans stuck in the logs either. But the millers were mostly cutting cedar so they might not of stuck too well.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Kevin

Sorry I missed meeting you Dana, I left there and went out into the parking lot and dropped a few bucks on some needies.  ;D

pasbuild

We spent a good part of Saturday helpin to redesign most of the mills and wood processing equipment on the lot and had a good time doing  it :D

(side note) to all of you equipment manufactures that will benefit from our valuable advice you can send our share of the royalties to the Forestry Forum  ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Didn't someone say something bout pics ???

Jeff

All in good time Furb.  I drove to much this weekend and my arm is in bad shape. Posting one handed pretty much. A night of rest and I should be ready to go.

Pasbuild and Nailhead have lots of pictures to!  I'm not sure if we should post here or on another thread because our weekend was more about other things then the show, but the show was the excuse to get together.

Bob and Pat (OR CHET), feel free to start something I can jump in on if you want to get there first. ;)

Chet, ya gotta get  Isaw-utah signed up! ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Your weekend driving was less then I do in a day, but I understand about the arm so I can wait! ;)
Wanted to make it up there myself but things didn't work out, so I'm looking forward to some pics from any of ya all!

Jeff

We were surprised to discover an old friend at the expo as soon as we walked in. I had told Nailhead I didn't think he would get to see a swinger there and low and behold there was Hammy clear over from New Zealand.

Jeff

I got to meet Dave from Wood-mizer Canada.

Jeff

Forestry Forum Sponsor Norwood was there

So was D&L!

Jeff

There were a couple things that Pasbuild wanted to take home with us. Here s a photo of the first one that would not fit in my truck. It's just a tiny tiny TigerCat The second one I'm afraid I can't post, but Bob sure wanted to find a way to get it in the back of my truck. DIDNT YA BOB? :D

Corley5

What about the Canadian Farm Saw ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I watched it for a bit. It had a very small blade on it, mebbe 36 inch. It seemed to struggle for power even though it had a pretty danG big tractor hooked to it. The lumber looked good. It had claims of 800 foot per hour but I gotta think that is cutting cants out of long timber. You can see here the blade was buried in the cut even on this small log.

Jeff

Forgot, there was anudder thing Pasbuild wanted to take home but I think the scheming is on to build one instead.

Jeff

Looks like a guy could have some fun woth this but seems like it would take some high dollar logs to make it pay.

Corley5

What was the price tag on that ???  It would be fun :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

I dont recall to tell ya the truth.

Kevin

They were 29K about five years ago and I think they might be up to 35K.

pasbuild

That tiny Tiger would be nice but I really don't have room in the driveway for it :( but one of them ATV log trailers would fit right nice.
Nailhead was tellin me how EZ it would be ta make one and now that he's officially retired and an EXPERT fabricator I think I'm goin ta havta go visitin and get me a big bowl of nella ice cream with Maple syrup and drop off my wish list. ::) ::) ::) ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

UNCLEBUCK

Never been to any kind of logging or farm/logging type shows and I really like looking at stuff ! Been to the soo locks though . I just love pictures ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!