iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Perfecta 500 blade sharpener

Started by Grower, February 29, 2012, 03:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grower

There has been a Perfecta 500 bandsaw blade sharpener come on the market down here, does anyone know anything about them, are they any good? It appears to have been made in Italy. Not alot about them on the net to be found out about.
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

tommone

Checked Google.it for you. Perfecta is an Italian company manufacturing high speed paper guillotine machines .No mention of sharpening machines.Any Italian speakers here who could check this further on  google.it.

Handy Andy

Got me excited, then I see you're from New Zealand.  Makes sense though, the Italians make terrific bandsaws.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Grower

bandmiller2

Grower,that looks like a professional grade sharpener,please tell us how it works when you get the chance. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Grower

Yea will do Frank, I pick it up today, shes pretty heavy too, saved the $1200 freight bill from the US on a new one.  8)

Handy Andy

That machine will probably sharpen bandsaw blades, will it also sharpen bandmill blades? Be nice to have a neighbor with one.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Grower

It also sharpens skill saw blades Handy Andy. The top part weighs in at 48kg/100lb! Shes heavy, solid and built like a brick outhouse, all the gears run in oil. It also has several different TPI settings. Had it running tonight in the workshop and almost needed the stethoscope to hear it, shes as quiet as a mouse. Got it for a song, I think bloke selling it didn't know much about it, it has a price in the owners manual of $NZ3334 plus tax and freight and that was in 1991. Can hardly tell it from a new one, no paint off, nothing. The 550CS model which isn't ours also has the tooth resetter on board. Still trying to find the importer of it, she's a wee cracker.

Grower

Heres the parts list for the Perfecta sharpener I just bought, looks complicated. You turn the knob (part no. 150) to adjust the feeding in rate, it has infinate adjustment from nothing right up to 1" spacing, don't ask me how this part of it works.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=110760

Thank You Sponsors!