iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bike Trip 08'

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, May 30, 2008, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I feel for you MH,

came across North Dakoda today on I 94 got real close to a buffalo (bison) at a rest stop. did have a split rail fence between me and it but I bet that would not stop it!!!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Weekend_Sawyer

Stopped in Iron River Michigan last night. As we crossed the Michigan state line into the UP, a  black bear ran across the road infront of us, he was a small one, about 150 - 175 lbs. It's good to be back in forested areas after the wide open of out west. We plan on riding between lakes Superior and Michigan, crossing the Mackanaw bridge to the lower peninsula.

Today is day 12 on the bike, we have traveled over 3,500 miles. We are definatley tired but still enjoying the trip.

Jon

chet

Ya stopped  in Iron River and didn't give a holler.  :(  :( 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

He forgot you were der Chet.  I reminded him today as we got a wirl wind visit from the dynamic duo. Man, its been a long time since we got to See Jon and Celest so it sure was great to visit even for a short time. They are back on the road now and should be crossing the Mackinaw Bridge right at sunset and it should be a good one tonight.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I hope they didn't take the off ramp to Florida on the other side of the road leaving the cottage.  :D

logwalker

That is a cool shot of them on the bike. What a great way to travel the country. Thanks for the pics Jeff. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Raider Bill

That's my 03's twin sister! 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

Well, we are home, what a trip! It was a lot of fun visiting with Jeff, Tammy and of course Ice, what a dog. We got to see the new property and the infamous tree stand. B/S'd for a while and ate some Jerky.

We crossed the Macanaw bridge just at dark with a red glow over our right shoulders. Stopped in Gaylord for the night. Rode to western Ohio and stayed with our cousins again. Saturday we made it to Western WV, and Sunday we took 50 across WV, what a great ride through the mountains. Got home sunday evening logging over 5,500 miles and riding
through 16 states for 16 days.

I am not as beat up as I thought I would be but we are definalty moving slow.

Jon

Roxie

Well I'm glad yer back!   8)  If ya feel up to it, Cecil County Fair's Antique Tractor Pull is July 18th & 19th, and then the Rodeo on the 20th and 21st.  We'll be there!  Perhaps Cowboy Bob will do some more tricks on his Case-o-matic this year.   :D

Will you be posting some pictures of your journey?  Love to see em! 
Say when

submarinesailor

Jon,

Before I68 was completed from Hancock, MD to Morgantown, WV, we used to drive the old route 50 to get over to Fairmount.  A couple of those turns are something else.  Bet they were fun on the bike.  Did or have you ever stopped at Cool Springs???  I remember when they had some very large golden trout in some ponds.  I heard they someone went in there at night and took them out.

Anyways, in my opinion, it's a great drive/ride.

Bruce

Weekend_Sawyer

Yup, we stopped at cold springs. LOTS of old tractors, the inside is full of hardware, gifts, hunting stuff and the middle is a diner. Really cool place to stop, pun intended.

A couple of the fish are still there, I wondered why they had enclosed the ponds with fencing.

Roxie, when will CBB be riding his trick tractor? I'd like to see that!

Jon

SamB

There's an event coming up July 24-27 ,for you bikers, called Mountainfest. If you want to check it out goto "wvmountainfest.com". I had to choose between a sawmill or  a motorcycle for my retirement present :-\

Raider Bill

What kind of bike did you get? ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

SamB

Due to my conservative roots  :-[ I chose the sawmill and a Schwinn ;D

Thank You Sponsors!