iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone have experiences with Kioti tractors and logging trailers...

Started by 2StateTrigger, December 18, 2015, 03:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2StateTrigger

Molon Labe

Tarm

Yes. I have one. Bought it used in 2010. Have logged over 200 cords with it so far. Too small for commercial logging use, to big for just cutting home firewood, but just right for a serious tree farmer. I'm trying to harvest 70 to 100 cords a winter with mine.

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

John Mc

Payeur has an excellent reputation with these units.

As Tarm mentioned, they are generally too small for a commercial logger to consider (unless they are specializing in smaller-scale custom jobs), and generally overkill for a landowner just looking to harvest a few cords a year of firewood. If your needs are somewhere in between, however, it can be a great choice.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

lls256

Can't comment on the logging trailer but my Kioti DK55 has been very reliable.  Excellent starting in cold weather.

woodmills1

I started with an LK3054 1999 and their second smallest log loading trailer.  Very handy around the mill and doing firewood.  Nice in the woods but small for an every day operation.  By the way, I got a good price used cause the first owner was trying to do it every day.  I tore the clutch hub out of the tractor hauling a large load of oak up the hill out of my forest.  I got a very favorable deal from payeur and ended up buying a DK40SE and using the same trailer.  I love my tractor and the loader performs beyond expectations.  It is a very good in the woods machine with headboard 6k winch on trailer and front 10k winch on tractor.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Firewoodjoe

What size tractor are you guys using and do you feel the weight ratio of the tractor vs loaded trailer is good? Thanks

Firewoodjoe

Ok so between tractor data and metavic web I got the weights. So how does it handle loaded? In the woods also? Thanks

woodmills1

The first tractor was a little light and would lose traction loaded going up my fairly steep hill.  No such problem with the bigger DK 40.  Even the small one didn't get pushed around going downhill.  There is a powered metavic trailer and I think also a steerable one.  If you see on my DK I have a skidder style blade, as a bucket makes a very long hard to turn around in dense woods package.  I love mine.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

scsmith42

I've had a DK65 Kioti tractor on the farm since 2003.  No complaints whatsoever; it's been a very good machine.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Brokermike

I have a DK40SE as well, works great with a winch and all chained up. I use a small 48" grapple on the front and can pop small stumps, pick up logs, and rip out honeysuckle and other invasives. Love the tractor, wish it was 60hp in the same frame but don't want to spend the $ on a new NX6010
Don't Jersey Vermont

Hackermatack

I have seen some of those units but never used one. I do however have a 2006 DK 35 that I purchased new and have used in the woods quite a bit. Seems to be a tough little tractor, mine has just under 2000 hours so far the biggest expense was front wheel bearings and seals at about 1500 hours. I pulled the final drives myself and took them to the dealer to have the parts installed seems like it was around $500 parts & Labor.
Jonsered 2230, 590, 70E. Kioti DK 35 /w fransguard winch. Hudson Oscar 236

Thank You Sponsors!