iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We are taking a trip to Mars!

Started by gspren, March 22, 2024, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Mars, PA that is. Every year my Navy reunion is held in a different spot, this September it will be in Mars, PA which I understand is somewhere north of Pittsburg. For now no real questions, just sounds neat to say we are going to Mars!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

NewYankeeSawmill

Quote from: gspren on March 22, 2024, 07:27:01 PMMars, PA that is. Every year my Navy reunion is held in a different spot, this September it will be in Mars, PA which I understand is somewhere north of Pittsburg. For now no real questions, just sounds neat to say we are going to Mars!

If I recall correctly, Frank Lloyd Wrights' Falling Water home is in that area. Yeah, (checks google maps), other side of Pittsburg from Mars. It's Breathtaking...
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

WV Sawmiller

When you get back from Mars if you want to visit Pluto give me a shout. Pluto road starts 6.7 miles up the road from me and there is even an old hand hewn log church there "Pluto Missionary Baptist Church" in the community of Pluto. We saw a science teacher there getting a photo/selfie to show his class one day a few years back.

https://wvhistoryonview.org/catalog/30735bee-a8e0-480f-80f2-492e8053869b

BTW - there used to be a Martian Embassy in London England. It was about 2 blocks from The Hard Rock Cafe there and on the same street IIRC. I remember visiting it when I had a long layover (like 12 hours) in London on overseas flights from here to/from the Mideast.

Warning - If you do visit London be very careful because they drive on the wrong side of the road and wipe out a lot of American pedestrian tourists because of that. :veryangry:
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SwampDonkey

I live near a town called Mars Hill in Maine and a ski hill named the same.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Cool, my wife is from next door, Venus  ffcheesy
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

plantita

Mars, PA, huh? That's definitely a fun place to say you're heading to for a reunion!  ffcheesy

Don P

There's a Mars Hill, NC north of Asheville too.

If you are near Fallingwater and want to see more of Wright's work there is Kentuck Knob, the Hagan house in Dunbar, PA. Polymath Park in Acme is home to several of his homes, 2 having been moved there when the properties were slated for demolition. They also have 2 others designed by one of his students and a restaurant designed by another student.

Thank You Sponsors!