iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hakki Pilke Processor Parts in US?

Started by GRANITEstateMP, September 24, 2014, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

I bought a used Hakki Pilke 1x37 Firewood Processor this spring and I'm looking for a parts / service dealer in the US (if it was in New England that would be great).  Called a couple of places looking for parts yesterday with no luck.  I've been able to source most parts locally and had some help from forum members with a couple diag. problems but it sure would be nice to find somebody that's got parts on the shelf.  This is the only down side I've had with this machine (that and keeping it feed!).

Thanks,

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

snowstorm

i think hamon tractor sells then. union maine they are a deere dealer

GRANITEstateMP

Thanks Snowstorm, I can't remember if they go to the Fryeburg Fair but if they do, I'll stop in and see them there.  I've found some places that advertise them just none that will call me back!  Thanks again
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

akpilot

Hud-son out of NY use to be a dealer not sure if they still are.

GRANITEstateMP

Thanks again Snowstorm, I met Wayne from Hammond @ the fair on Monday.  Nice guy and answered my couple concerns.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

GRANITEstateMP

Figured I give an update.  Fingers crossed haven't needed many parts for my rig but Hammond Tractor has helped with a couple tech. questions and I found a guy not an hour from my house that originally sold this particular unit.  Did close to 100 cord last year and if I can keep wood on the landing hope to be up 20% this year.  Couple of pics with the old tractor.

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Ford_man

You can download a user manual at this web site http://www.jswoodhouse.com/brochures/hakki%20pilke%201x37%20manual.pdf
Have lots of paper in your printer. I think there 56 pages . It is very well illustrated, and in color.
When I had mine you could get all the components off the shelf locally. the only things I ever needed were belts. 

GRANITEstateMP

Thanks Ford Man,

I've printed the manual, thanks to my work for donating the paper and 3 hole punch  ;)

I've been pretty lucky as far as maintenance and breakdowns, try and stay on top of stuff.  I did all the drive belts last fall, in the dark (trying to beat a snowstorm!), could have made that easier on myself but it got done!  I think one of the bearings on the lower part of the conveyor is on it's way out.  Gonna put some (more) grease to her and see if it quiets up some.

Did you have a live deck to feed yours when you had yours and if so what brand?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Ford_man

I built a deck, it had a live feed trough but you had to roll the log into the trough. I used a hyd motor off of an old chaff spreader off a combine to power the trough. I hooked it to the Hyd lines to the belt motor on the front of the machine.

GRANITEstateMP

I've acquired a small live deck off of a CRD processor (used) but I'm trying to get the trough part figured out.  Not sure how to get my hands on the hourglass rollers, at a reasonable price.  What did you use in your trough, rollers, belt, or chain?  I'm probably overthinking this but would like to do it once and be done (usually don't work that way for me!)
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Ford_man

I used a chain out of an old combine clean grain elevator with the rubber paddles removed and then welded some short angle iron pieces onto where the rubber paddles were.

GRANITEstateMP

Thanks Ford Man, unfortunately in my part of NH not many combines :(  Heck we can hardly get into a lot of our hay and corn fields with our 2 row chopper and dump wagon!  We do have a self propelled chopper come help with first cutting hayledge (on the bigger fields) but I don't think he's gonna let me steal any parts off of it.  Thanks again, gonna hit the ole' drawing board!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Thank You Sponsors!