iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Allis Chalmers in Firewood operations... :)

Started by weimedog, October 19, 2015, 07:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Had some friends up working on adding to the "to be split" firewood pile...and used an old tractor for supporting operations.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9eOs7Tzdc
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

beenthere

Get your "crew" some handheld log tongs and make that "work" much easier.

They will enjoy that job much more.. less bending, warmer fingers, drier gloves, etc.

Such as:
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=14961&itemnum=75058

May also be available from a sponsor.. but have not found them yet.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gspren

Unless you work with all small wood get the 12" log tongs, I have both but never use the 8" anymore.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

beenthere

I think mine is the smaller size.. but for larger wood cut to firewood lengths I use the log carrier such as this one..
log carrier

Very handy and much easier on the back not having to stoop over so far..
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BUGGUTZ

Nice old Allis, I got a freebee D-17 last summer. It was a beast of a machine. Decided to sell it and keep using my Ford 3400.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Al_Smith

I don't think AC ever made a tractor that was under powered for it's size .The only one might be the model G which was just a large garden tractor but for that it did just fine .

The early model WC is or was the favorite  puller in the 3000 pound antique tractor pulling contests . FWIW Holman and Moody had a souped up one that dynoed at close to 200 HP using that  4 cylinder engine .Fact I built one up for an old and now deceased friend that put out 43 HP,dyno , 30 plus years ago  .I was all I could do to just crank it over and I was OX strong back then .

I have my fathers 1938 model B which I overhauled when I was 16 years old, over 50 years ago .With a semi mounted 14" single plow it will pull the front end off the ground plowing hard sod .The only way to steer it is with the wheel brakes in that situation .

Thank You Sponsors!