iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic 2400 won't restart after short vacation

Started by joe12willy, February 15, 2016, 09:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe12willy

I'm a second year owb owner - took a year to figure it out - but I love it.  Went away for five days and shut the boiler down completely as temps were above freezing throughout. Returned today, powered up, and lit the fire. The water temp was 77. After about two minutes, the power shut off. I powered up again by tripping the switch in the rear compartment, this time with door open and latch up. Lights, fans on, safety beeping. After about two minutes I shut the door and the whole unit shut down. Stumped.

boilerman101

Sounds like you may have a bad primary solenoid. (Top solenoid) That solenoid does not operate when you have the door open, but when you close door it tries to go into a normal burn cycle and opens which would trip your breaker switch if it is bad.

joe12willy

Bingo!

New solenoid arrived yesterday.  Installed it today.  Works great!  Thank you!!!

bobby s

Joe12willy, glad to hear you're all set. I always keep a few spare solenoids and a blower motor on hand for times like these. I usually have to replace one bad solenoid every year.

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!