iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took the plunge

Started by brdmkr, July 10, 2005, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I've been reading alot, and posting a little.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I have a Lucas 618 on the way  8).  Should be here in a couple of weeks.  Trouble is the wife is taking me on vacation the week after it gets here so it will be early august before I can use it.

Time to start clearing some land and sawing the logs. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Furby

DanG

8) 8) 8) 8)  I knew that! ;D :D

In case y'all don't remember, Brdmkr lives right up the road from me, and visited here recently.  That's the day I fergot ta take any pics. :-[

Anyway, he PM'd me about it a few minutes ago, and I threatened to get him by the neck if he didn't get on here and brag a little bit.  Man oh Man!  This is gonna be fun!

Mike, ya don't want to leave that thing laying about while you're on vacation.  I'll be glad ta keep an eye on it for ya. ;D

BTW, I already got a couple of jobs lined up for ya. :) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sigidi

Hey Great news brdmkr,

8)now you can live up to your name (and show us some pics!!!) 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

Minnesota_boy

Get a trailer and take it with you. I'm sure the motels wouldn't mind yoiu cutting down one of their trees and milling it right there in the parking lot.  :D 8) 8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

tnlogger

brdmkr congrats on the lucas  8) 8) 8)
gene

jerry-m

I think I would have to let her go on vacation by her self ::)

At Any rate Congratulations on the New Mill 8) 8) 8)

Try to have "some" fun while on vacation ;D
Jerry

brdmkr

Thanks everyone!  I would take it with me on vacation.  Trouble is cabins are cramped on cruise boats :o  Besides, I wouldn't think palm would saw into anything useful.  Don't know though.  I guess I could try.  DanG did threaten to 'rat me out' if I didn't post.  I was going to wait until I had pics.

Regarding those pics that DanG didn't take, I'll get a pic of me and my first board (compliments of DanG) and post that soon enough.  I do suppose I'll be hanging around here a good bit now (as though I haven't been lurking in the shadows ;D).  Again, thanks to all involved with this site; it has really been helpful. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Minnesota_boy

Don't the cruise boats have deck space reserved just for sawmills.  Think of the entertainment value of you sawing on the rolling deck.  8) 8) 8) ::)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

woodbowl

That's good news brdmkr. 8)I might need to invite myself over there to have a look see if you don't mind. I thought you and DanG was gona' come over to the house to look at my pile of junk before you decided what to buy. :D I've been eye balling that Lucas for several years.............One day maybe.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

brdmkr

I knew there were others in the area that DanG wanted me to visit.  Once I learn how to use the Lucas myself, I'll be happy to demonstrate.  I need to go visit DanG again.  I had a good time that day.  I learned alot as well.  Maybe I can link up with DanG and give you a visit when we get back from the vacation.  I'd like to meet all the mill owners in the area if your still open for a visit.  Oh, you are wlecome to come here as well!  Whatever works best.

Ernie

It's three days since your announcement and no pics-----Shame :D

How can you take a holiday with a new mill on its way, I was phoning the railways at least three times a day looking for mine.  It didn't get here any faster but I sure met some nice folk at the depot when we went to pick it up, we were old friends by the time we met.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!