iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1959 Cat #12 road grader questions

Started by justallan1, February 18, 2020, 05:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millwright

Got motor from one on the old circle mill, starts and runs great and very good on fuel. Tons of power too. 

justallan1

I couldn't help myself and bought the thing.
We went and fired it up and drove it a bit and it has power in it still. Granted we were only pushing snow and ice around, but it wasn't hesitating, coughing, smoking or dogging out.
I talked to the seller and we settled on $5,000. I figure that it being winter, I'm about to be stuck at the ranch with new calves everywhere to babysit, my location and all the other things life tosses at you, that it's a fair deal and what I want.
Now I need to dig up 4 tires for the thing. :D
The 4 drivers are about done for and I think it's just easier to get them on there now.

tacks Y

Congrats on your new toy/machine. Out where it is dry those tire may be fine. Would not want to try mud with them. Chains maybe or would they not clear the machine? Be careful with the split rims.

Iwawoodwork

They  are good old graders. I have a 12 that is converted to electric start , it starts and runs great also.
On the tires, I am running  very old and checked tires on  the grader and a 545 fiat allis wheel loader, I booted the bad spots and put tubes in several of the tires and they are still going, if worried about slick tires and lack of traction put a set of chains on, you will need then anyway if plowing snow.

Thank You Sponsors!