iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trouble with the mill....

Started by Chuck White, March 12, 2015, 05:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Or so I thought.

Been trying to get the mill to run right, only 150 hours (or so) on the new Kohler-25.

Just wouldn't run right, I'd start it and it would only run for about a minute or so, pump the primer bulb again and it would start right up again.   :-\ :-\ :-\

Finally the light came on!  smiley_sidelightbulb  Check the quick-disconnect on the fuel tank!  ::) The O-Ring was chipped and out of place! DUH!!!

Went to the John Deere place in Canton with 2 connectors and had 2 new O-Rings installed and also got 4 for spares!   8)

Engine runs like a top!  ;)

Now I'll probably never have the problem again!   ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Nice fix.  The simple things can easily slip by. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

The worse part is, I've diagnosed this same problem on other peoples mills several time.

It just didn't come to me quite so quick this time and, when helping others you seem to get a little more urgency in your search than in you own problems.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Chuck White on March 13, 2015, 06:34:36 AM
The worse part is, I've diagnosed this same problem on other peoples mills several time.

It just didn't come to me quite so quick this time and, when helping others you seem to get a little more urgency in your search than in you own problems.

I think we all do that  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!